Old 05-08-2020, 08:44 PM

Default ABS plastic or fiberglass???

So as I posted earlier when I got my 78 TA a couple of months ago I would be parts collecting until after my daughter's upcoming wedding to start the restoration. The front flares and center spoiler were missing so I've been looking at both ABS from the Parts Place and fiberglass from Dank. They both say their parts are superior to the other company. So as usual I turn to y'all for your input and product knowledge I'd like to order next week. I'm not seeking original parts because they are either junk or super nice with a sky high price. Thanks

Old 05-10-2020, 02:26 PM

I posted this same question on a Facebook Trans Am club page I'm part of and got alot of replies. They all said to buy the Danko fiberglass kit because the quality and fitment were outstanding and worth the money. So I ordered the front flares and center spoiler kit from their eBay store.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:14 PM

I'd recommend getting the stud kit with the dankos. I just bought mine & just don't feel a few screws along the wheel well is enough to hold them tight. I know, others have had good results, but I just didn't like the way they fit. I've actually added a diy set of mounting studs. It would have been worth the $$ for me.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyTA View Post
I'd recommend getting the stud kit with the dankos. I just bought mine & just don't feel a few screws along the wheel well is enough to hold them tight. I know, others have had good results, but I just didn't like the way they fit. I've actually added a diy set of mounting studs. It would have been worth the $$ for me.
The new kits come with the studs built in and are reinforced. My kit fit great sorry yours didn't.

Old 08-04-2020, 01:49 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2guy View Post
The new kits come with the studs built in and are reinforced. My kit fit great sorry yours didn't.
You can order them with or without. I took the advice of some other posters & ordered without. They fit pretty nice. I just wanted them to mount a bit more solid. Besides, it gave me a chance to play with some fiberglass resin... lol