Old 06-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default 22nd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend - Phoenix now November 1-3, 2019

The 22nd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend is scheduled for November 1-3, 2019 at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park. More details on the 'national events thread area as well as the Pontiac Heaven face book page.
thank you!

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 06-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to hear it Steve!

We'll be there as usual to beat on our Pontiacs some more.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We plan to come to Pontiac Heaven this year for the first time. By Nov. 1, Wisconsin is already beginning winter weather. Checked out the Facebook page. Talked to Steve this weekend regarding availability and/or need for golf carts to get around the grounds.

We attended Norwalk for the first time this year and were glad we had a golf cart, as the drag strip, swap area, car show covered a huge area. Norwalk was awesome!

I'd like to hear from some of you who have attended Pontiac Heaven in past years. Are there a lot of swap vendors? Drag racing every day?

Thanks.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 09-04-2019, 01:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
We plan to come to Pontiac Heaven this year for the first time. By Nov. 1, Wisconsin is already beginning winter weather. Checked out the Facebook page. Talked to Steve this weekend regarding availability and/or need for golf carts to get around the grounds.

We attended Norwalk for the first time this year and were glad we had a golf cart, as the drag strip, swap area, car show covered a huge area. Norwalk was awesome!

I'd like to hear from some of you who have attended Pontiac Heaven in past years. Are there a lot of swap vendors? Drag racing every day?

Thanks.
Hi Dick, Yes, there is Drag racing all 3 days. Fri in the afternoon, Saturday - all day and into the night until about 11pm, about half a day on Sunday depending on car count. Swap meet is small. nothing compares to Norwalk. Looking forward to seeing you.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am confused. What day is the Pontiac race? Can I show up that day and pay to race? The flyer is very confusing it speaks of Qualiifing do I have to qualify to race in pontiac race? Is it 120 to race only in the pontiac race? When do the gates open pontiac race. Thanks Rod Cole

The Following User Says Thank You to rod cole For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is racing all 3 days. Friday is typical test and tune day for the track, and they also have testing for this event as well as diesel drags.

Saturday is Muscle Car Day or Nostalgia day, not sure what they call it anymore, and it's by far the busiest day. All brands are welcome to run. If you want to see a lot of racing and various brands, this is the day I recommend as you'll see the biggest classic car count.

Sunday is Pontiac Power only, so only Pontiac power racing.

As far as price, I haven't seen a current flyer for this year. Last year when I attended Sunday for the Pontiac only race it was something like $70 for the money race, and $35 or $40 for the trophy race. Coincidentally we all got put in the trophy class because we couldn't get enough interested in the money race to buy in.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
There is racing all 3 days. Friday is typical test and tune day for the track, and they also have testing for this event as well as diesel drags.

Saturday is Muscle Car Day or Nostalgia day, not sure what they call it anymore, and it's by far the busiest day. All brands are welcome to run. If you want to see a lot of racing and various brands, this is the day I recommend as you'll see the biggest classic car count.

Sunday is Pontiac Power only, so only Pontiac power racing.

As far as price, I haven't seen a current flyer for this year. Last year when I attended Sunday for the Pontiac only race it was something like $70 for the money race, and $35 or $40 for the trophy race. Coincidentally we all got put in the trophy class because we couldn't get enough interested in the money race to buy in.
But Steve did refund the difference in the entry fee.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone know the prices for racing on Saturday?

I've looked at the flier and there is no mention of it. Just says car show is $25 for Saturday or Sunday, and mentions Sunday is $45 to race trophy or test and tune. No mention of what the racing costs on Saturday. Not even Wildhorse's website has prices for racing on any of the mentioned days. Just spectator and parking fees.

I tried to email Steve but his email isn't working, kicks back to me as undeliverable.

I usually go Saturday and Sunday. Saturday has been to just watch and race the Pontiac on Sunday. Was kicking around the idea of driving a Chevrolet down Saturday and have a little fun with it, and return Sunday with a Pontiac.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:25 PM

Is the swap all day and all three days.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep

Old 10-30-2019, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I hope it’s a good time. 30 degrees and snowing here so the wife & I decide to go out & see what it’s all about.

Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 10-30-2019, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Forecast low 80's and severe sunshine here Murf, so that alone will be worth the trip

Old 10-30-2019, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 10-30-2019, 11:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If any of you guys have some free time while you are in town...and are interested in seeing my 68 RA II convertible, then send me a PM and we can work something out.

Not many of these cars left from what I understand. I figure real Pontiac fans might be interested. Wish I could take it out to the event this year but it isnt quite ready for a blast down the 1/4 mile just yet...