Old 08-07-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Early repo outside door handle

Ive been thinking about buying the long style repo door handles for my TA part #RFD41A left hand and RFD42A right hand, Im just wondering if any of you have bought these parts and can describe the fit and finish. My orginals have some pits but are mostly just sloppy with egged out holes on the pivot points.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't know anyone was making the long style?? I was going to send my original off to be chromed. Mine are in good working order.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 PM

73 -
I bought the exact kit that you speak of from PY in the spring. My project 70 is no where near completion so I can't comment on fit but the finish is very good. "Very good" is subjective, so, for me it means that you would have to look very hard to find any blemishes. The only blemish that I found on one door handle was a small sunken dot that looks like it came from an ejector pin. The other handle had no visible blemishes at all. Mine may have been from an early production run.

The kit came with the black plastic finger-nail guard and the clip that attaches the push-rod to the handle. It also is truly 6 1/4" long and looks like an original long handle. The handle mechanism looks and feels more heavy duty than OEM but it's hard to tell since mine were in poor operational shape due to bad door hinges.

Overall, IMO a very well done repop on something that is VERY hard to find in good shape OEM. Kudos to PY for bringing this to market. Worth it.

Kevin
1970 Pontiac Formula