Old 04-30-2005, 09:14 AM

The picture of the 67 interior is I think on the first page or close to it. Shows interior from left door and as exterior it is gold also. As for the wheelcovers they are spinners for 67 Pontiacs and I am selling a set now on ebay. Thanks for taking the time to look and notice. I am very happy with this 67 Catalina with 178,000 and it rides like a cloud. CW

Old 04-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Junqueboi, I forgot to mention that it is nice to see people taking an interest in four door cars. Most of us grew up with them, not the convertibles or two doors. I had to do a lot of work with mine so I kinda know you will come to a point when you will really enjoy owning yours. C.W.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:27 AM

Junqueboi, I took my first driving test in a 73 Catalina. It had a 400 that I burnt up. When my dad took it to have his mechanic look at it, he had a 400 he had rebuilt for some kid's Firebird ready to go. But the kid couldn't pay for it, so dad paid of what was owed and in it went. Would you believe that big ass car would catch 2nd on it's own? That was a fun car to surprize Novas and Mustangs with.

Yes, I have a car fetish, among others.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:47 AM

There's a '73 hearse on e-bay. Nice to look at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...546314101&rd=1

Old 05-01-2005, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the replies, cool people.

CW, I have to agree with you on the four-doors; most of my interest/liking of certain cars has a lot to do with the memories I have when I was just a kid...

Examples:
I was four years old riding around with my parent(s) in their Mark III Lincoln & remember seeing the '67, '68, '69 Pontiacs; I did not know what they were then of course, but I was mesmerized (sp?) by their cool hooked taillights... Other memories from that era were the '65 to '69 big Fords with their backup-light "inside" their taillight & the sequential lights of the T-birds & Cougars. What a kid remembers...

And with the four-doors... My dad had a white '65 Impala for years. He also had two blue '67 Chevy sedans, one a Biscayne; the other a Bel Air. These were just plain-jane work cars; the Impala was a 283/powerglide & I think both '67's were 6-cylinder cars. Nothing special, just everyday old drivers. I always liked them though...

As for the big cars, the four-doors are just as appealing to me as the two-doors; they are more representative of life back when I was a kid. Besides, they are undervalued & generally easier found in nice shape! You get just as much car as a two-door for almost half the price...

I mean, if there was a clean full-sized 4-door Pontiac next to a GTO at a car show, I'd be all over big-brother before the Goat got a glance. How many nice Executives, Catalinas, Bonnevilles, Wagons, or Hearses do you ever see? Not enough, in my opinion!

Anyway, in spite of my sedan's looks, I enjoy driving it as it is for now. It's roomy, comfortable, & powerful -- other people's perceptions of it don't affect me in a negative way. This car is already quite fun as I've been tinkering with it. I am going to load it up with some of the '73 factory options I've acquired over the years. Why keep the stuff in boxes when it can be put to good use...

Old 05-01-2005, 02:40 PM

You still have those slot wheels laying around?

Old 05-02-2005, 03:32 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chainechat:
Photos of my 67 Catalina </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chainechat, what is the color on your 67? Is that Signet or Coranado?

Old 05-03-2005, 05:07 PM

Yes it is signet gold and somewhat faded by the sun on the sides, but I really like the colon on the interior. Vinyl with a diamond kind of tone on tone fabric in between. What really set off the interior was finding an almost perfect steering wheel - clear on top, gold on the bottom. A little more than a year ago I installed new springs on the front with a variable load spring on the back and the car just rides like a cloud. This is one thing I really feel the four door cars have over two door or convertibles. I could be wrong but the ride is so smooth and handling is incredible for such a big car. Even acceleration is tight. Well Thanks for letting me blab. C.W.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:17 PM

here is a picture of the engine compartment. Engine has 178,000 miles and uses a quart of oil usually on trips. 1000 miles between.

Old 05-03-2005, 05:19 PM

sorry picture attaching is difficult and had to redo

Old 05-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Is your interior the same as mine? My pics are on page 3. I would love to find some more of that material to redo the front seat. And I'm kicking around the idea of using Signet or maybe Coronado with my two tone. My car also had the gold and clear wheel... but clear was pretty cracked. So I bought a GTO wheel(reverse engineering? ) and restored it and did it in gold. Looks great, just a little smaller!

Old 05-09-2005, 07:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to soon2b2ltmp Send a message via Yahoo to soon2b2ltmp

You feeling like running today?

Old 05-18-2005, 04:59 PM

Phatcat, Just realized you may not have gotten my reply to your question. My catalina is signet gold and the interior is the same. In fact I had a catalina with the same color combination as yours but as it had low mileage I wasn't driving it and decided to sell it and keep the four door. I never intended on keeping the four door and for a long time kept it as I had gotten it. Then as I did work to the 2 door I started to restore the four door. Anyway SMS ion Portland. Oregon has the original interior material but I must warn you they can be pricey. Let me know you got this C.W.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 AM

got it chainechat! Thanks!

Mark