Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN2PLS2
Huh?? I'd take this car OVER Rosie.
I'd take an ox cart over Rosie, but my point is, it ain't really a Pontiac and Rosie, even desquised, ain't really a model.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It Sure looks like a Pontiac from this side of the Border.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Chief

From over here it looks like a Pontiac until you raise the hood or look inside, then it's Rosie!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ra455
My opinion ... the car is worth 20K in today's market if frame up restored. That car and the rust that the pictures show will need to be taken off the frame (and hopefully the frame can be saved) and will need well over 40K to restore it - if done professionally. Maybe you can do it for 15-20K if you can do alot for yourself but be prepared to spend the next year or so on that project.

As an investment the car is almost worth whatever you can part it out for. As a driver or investment for someone - in my opinion - it's worth about $6-7K.

That's my take.
x2. I also agree with North.

LOL, I've been away from this forum for a couple of years but this thread looks like as good an opportunity as ever to jump back in. CDN2PLS2 and I both found out about this car about 10 years ago, me when the owner sold me a beak for my 69 Bonne wagon. I answered an add for some parts and after talking with the owner for a while and learning that I was into Cdn ponchos, he revealed what he had buried, and I mean buried in his garage. It doesn't look like the intervening years have been kind to it. I recognize that there aren't many people into Cdn big cars, but I was prepared to spend the money because I just liked the car and do think they are unique part of our history. He said at that time he would never sell, would keep it for his sons, etc. I kept in touch for a few years trying to get him to sell it, but my interest lessened once I picked up another Cdn big block Poncho.

I came across the kijiji ad by chance Thanksgiving weekend and thought, wow, he finally decided to sell but after Mark filled me in on the car's current condition, well let's just say I decided to keep my money in real estate and the stock market for now.

I noticed today that the car is sold, anyone here pick it up?

BTW, another reason for the Chevy based Pontiacs in Canada was the combination of high tariffs on importing cars into Canada and the operation of the Auto Pact trade agreement. American Pontiacs were always available by special order to Canadians in the 60's, but the equivalent Canadian model usually ended up being about a $1,000 less, which was huge money back in the 60's so unless you had your heart set on something like a GTO, a Beaumont SD was quite a suitable substitute. And if you want a excellent book on all Canadian cars, pick up a copy of Canadian Cars by Perry Zavitz.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

HOLY MOLY,Look who joined the crowd! I didn't buy it but I'm gonna find out where it went.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN2PLS2
HOLY MOLY,Look who joined the crowd! I didn't buy it but I'm gonna find out where it went.
I had to come on here just to keep tabs on what you were up to.

It will be interesting to find out who feels as strongly about these cars as we do.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

He told me it's going out to B.C.