1982-1992 TA & FB parts FOR SALE 1993-2002 TA & FB parts FOR SALE is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 PM

Default Parting 1986 Trans AM

This is my first ad on PY so I hope I don't rub against any rules, if I do, please let me know.

Also, feel free to PM me on any parts, but please refrain from posting ON the ad, thanks.

I bought a complete 1986 Pontiac Trans AM. I bought the car for the motor and T5. I will be honest here, I know pre 1949 street rods VERY well, but I don't know squat about newer cars (yes, when you build 1920s and 30s cars, an 86 is newer). So if you need a specific part, that might be an oddball part, please be prepared to explain what it is or be able to send a pic so we get it right. I bought this car for 2 cartons of Marlboro Reds, so I have nothing into it, and I am parting the rest out CHEAP. I mean CHEAP CHEAP.

On the bigger stuff, I will NOT ship it. For example, the whole back "lid", you can have it for $20. However, for $20, I'm not going to spend 2 days crating it up, getting it weighed, getting you a shipping quote. If you want it, pay for it, you have a few months to come get it, or find someone who will. Do a relay. Whatever. Now, if YOU want to find a place that will crate big items and charge YOU for it, and YOU arrainge it, I will be happy to drop off items to your shipper HERE IN LAKE HAVASU.

This ad will only be up for a week or 2. Once I strip out the motor/trans/rear, whatever is left that hasn't been claimed, heads to the crusher. Unfortunately, I dont have the room to keep all the parts cars around hoping to sell off every componant, sorry.

Now, for shipping the smaller stuff, please understand I have no control over shipping prices. If I sell you a $5 part and UPS's ACTUAL price is $30 to ship it. I'm not charging a "handling" charge, so complain to UPS, not me.

This all is from a rust free AZ car. Fenders, or the roof or stuff like that would be best to pick up in person. However, all the little trim pieces, or plastic parts ect, I'm only getting a buck or two, so HIT ME UP for stuff you need. Did I mention CHEAP?????? I ould rather sell it to you for $2 than let the scrapper have it.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 PM

Default Please delete this ad

Grabbed what I needed off it for the street rods. Sent it to the scrapyard this afternoon.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Chief

Wow!
That was fast.
I just saw this ad.
Oh well.

George

Old 09-29-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdTA View Post
Wow!
That was fast.
I just saw this ad.
Oh well.

George

Yea, it was. I see you are in Kingman. The car had been listed as parting out for about 6 months on Craigslist Mohave county and Kijjii for about 4 months.

We had a free day to pull the motor and such finally, and once that happens I get neighbor complaints.