THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-15-2020, 11:26 AM

Brad, sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Like others have said she is in a better place now. No more pain or suffering.

Rest in peace Jeanna, God bless her and to You Brad....

You take care of yourself and safe travels back home....

Old 11-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So sorry for your loss.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 11-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Senior Chief

Brad...
It's a blessing that your mother left this world on her own terms to begin her eternal reward. Prayers offered for you as you take on the last details. It was a hard task for me when I dealt with your situation. Pace yourself.
Kerm

Old 11-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure it gave her a lot of satisfaction knowing that she raised a responsible son who would be there for her. You're good people.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 11-15-2020, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry for your loss, Brad. You sure did the right thing getting to her in time to be with her. You, and she, did the best you both could.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:58 PM

Prayers sent!!

Old 11-17-2020, 08:24 PM

So sorry for your loss. Too many enter eternity without the love, hope, and faith like your mom. You are blessed to have had her so long and she was blessed to have you for her son.
May peace be upon you in the coming days and weeks.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:36 AM
PY VIP

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Founding Editor-in-Chief, Poncho Perfection Magazine (October 1, 2015- present)
www.ponchoperfection.com
Contributing Editor: Collectible Automobile (1999- present)

Author:
"Grand Prix: Pontiac's Luxury Performance Car" (Released April 27, 2007)
"How to Restore Your Pontiac GTO" (Released July 15, 2012)
"Pontiac Concept and Show Cars, 1939-1980" (Release Date April, 2016)

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
Old 12-01-2020, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Again a heartfelt Thank You, to that all that responded and all the efforts are immensely appreciated.

This is the final update I'll be posting.

My mother had made funeral pre-arrangements for both she and my father, my dad passed in 2007. That was taken care of, so just a few phone calls were needed. They both chose to be cremated, and I have brought the remains back to Ohio to be later interned on a burial lot in our hometown of Erie PA.

The cleaning out of the apartment was a major undertaking due to covid. My cousins, and I all had to be tested before we were allowed into the building, then we only had 7 days before the test would have to be done again. Only 2 persons allowed in at a time so everything had to be done by myself and my female cousin.

Tough going through all the possessions deciding what to keep and what to donate to the Hospice that has a thrift store, which I wanted to support due to their kindness to my family and my mom. We finished under the wire, on the seventh day.

After all was said, and done there were possessions I wanted to keep within the family, so I needed a way to bring some of the belongings back to OH. All I have to transport is a 99 GP 4 door with the most anemic engine available, the 3.1 V6 with 160 HP. I have no hitch on the GP so I purchase one from U Haul that has 4 holes that need drilling into the unibody, I purchase some tools I'll be needing to do the install, and put it on in the motel parking lot and installed it a week ago Sunday.

All loaded I start back on Thanksgiving hauling a 4X8 U Haul enclosed trailer up over the continental divide, lots of downshifting to make the grades but managed to make Albaquerque the first night, not even 500 miles. As I start back over the continental divide the driving becomes easier and I'm able to maintain right around 70 MPH as long as I draft semis. The 3 day trip goes to 4 days because of the reduced speed I'm able to maintain. I make it home on Sunday afternoon at 4:30 PM.

Finally home, and it's great to be here, no problems with the car, it only used about 1/2 quart on the 4000 mile round trip, despite running it extremely hard towing the trailer on the return trip. Somebody was watching over me, and I believe it was all the prayers that the people on here said for my family, and I.

Home safe and sound, I was able to overcome a whole lot of obstacles that were quite daunting. Thank You all for the prayers, and the backing up with private messages that I received from concerned members here!!! Nice to have a second family when it's needed. I was tested, and was able to make it through by the grace of God, and the prayers on our behalf.

Thanks to all, Brad Yost

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2020, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Late but, sorry about your loss. Sounds like she was s great, strong lady that had a long run.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.