Old 01-22-2019, 11:46 PM

Default 1970 gto 455ho 4 speed for sale

I took this car in trade for restoration work on another car. its a 1970 4 speed 455ho car. this is a real barn or really a basement find. car has been sitting since 1992. it was a 2 owner car with the last owner owning it since 1979. the car was bought out of a estate and I can put the new owner in touch with a person that knows the cars history. car has a clean fla title but I have it at my shop about 1.5 hours north of Atlanta. ill try to give a good brief description of the car. the owner started restoring the car and sometime during the process passed away. the car still wears its original black paint. the front clip went missing after the owners death as did several other parts. the car includes all the front clip except the drivers side fender and inner fenders. the replacement parts are gm and are very good restorable condition. the rear quarters need work around the wheel wells and the right side of the rear window but I do not think they need replaced. the rocker are excellent. the doors on the car have a dent in each one but I have 2 mint replacement doors I will include if the price is worked out. I have all the original glass except the front windshield. the roof is excellent. the car needs a top dash cowl but the lower cowl is nice. both side cowls are excellent. the trunk pan has a couple of spot on the edges were they meet the drop offs. the floor pans are nice except one area under the drivers seat. the interior is all there except the passenger seat belt. the dash is excellent and has no cracks or damage. the seats are there. original door panels are in the car. console is included. car still retains all the factory wiring. now for the important part. I do have the original matching block with the original date coded 64 heads. the machine work has been done on the block. it has been bored .30 and has been prepared for a rebuild. I do not have anything else for the motor. I have the bell housing but no trans or shifter and no driveshaft. for some reason the car has a Pontiac 350 and a auto trans out of lemans. but still has the original engine add ons attached to the car. it has never been on the road with this motor. the car has a 10 bolt rear that has no provision for coils springs. it has a pair of airshocks that are no good. car comes with a 1971 date coded 12 bolt rear. phs shows the car was a low option car that was ordered for performance. car is a 455 ho 4 speed, no air car with manual brakes and performance axle. I have included a link to a lot of pics showing every part of the car. I have a lift for anyone who wants to come inspect the car. I found a part of a build sheet but its not much. the car is a perfect car to restore. I will be glad to answer all questions. I own a restoration shop so I am aware what potential the car has. price is $12,500 the car has not been cleaned or washed. this is how I pulled it out of a basement. I did vacuum out the mouse poop and pulled the original carpet out but that was it. wheels shown in the pics are not included. it will have a set of rollers on the car. I will be glad to speak to serious people on the phone. send me a pm and I will send my cell #.
https://www.supermotors.net/mygarage...7494&sID=87994

Last edited by boardog; 01-22-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Little confused . You have the number matching motor and tranny ? Rear end ? Doug

1979 400 Block, 1970 Heads, Unknown Cam, Comp Cam Lifters, Edelbrock RPM Intake, Hedman Headers, Holley 750 Carb, WFO Drop Base SOLD

1968 GTO convertable project. 400 auto with air. west coast car . Not started in 15 ..update now running (around block spinning tires all the way. Have a lot of cosmetic work to do winter of 17/18

1969 GTO 400 4 Speed this a complete project. Rebuild will start in spring of 2017. SOLD
Old 01-23-2019, 08:20 AM

As stated in the post. I do have the matching number block and heads. I also found the old rods, pistons and windage tray. I can add a ready to use crankshaft. I do not have anything else for the motor. I have no trans, shifter or driveshaft. I do have a 1971 date coded rear end. Not the original one. It appears the previous owner took the drive train out of another car and installed it in this car but never finished it. Hence the 350 2 bbl in it now.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, that is (will be) a nice car! If only they'd checked that Ram Air box too huh? Oshawa built car, so GM of Canada docs available. Beautiful.

GLWS

Last edited by starlightblack; 01-23-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Senior Chief

Cool car... good restoration candidate

GLWS

Old 01-26-2019, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

455 HO, 4-speed, Starlight black, black interior, and black vinyl top. Damn cool.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow - neat car.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 01-26-2019, 11:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The only GTO I regret selling was my 1970, best year ever! Very cool car, should sell quickly.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:51 PM

okay, I am fed up with ebay. car sold tonight but buyer immediately sent me a message telling me he did not want the car and could not figure out how to cancel his bid that had been in for 28 hours. I need the room in the shop. i will sell the car for $10,000 obo.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:19 AM

car is no longer for sale. I am going to keep it. thanks for all the interest.