THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-15-2020, 12:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default How not to parallel park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux9v...VTlZ5i8PdnZxJM

Old 10-15-2020, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The kiss-n-tell method. He parked it!

Old 10-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default How not to

Damn shame to see that car get beat up just for a stupid commercial

Old 10-15-2020, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

that it's from a Seinfeld episode is it?
That's definitely the character of Kramer.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 10-15-2020, 04:19 PM
Senior Chief

I remember an episode where Kramer parallel parked like that. I don’t remember it being a 65 GTO.

Old 10-15-2020, 04:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Didn’t see much damage on either car but it hurt to watch it.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A common occurrence in just about any big city.
We we're out for dinner in Little Italy (Manhatten) and watched very aggressive parking of a limo,
and it was funny to watch the passers-by just look at it as oh well that how it's done

Old 10-15-2020, 06:29 PM

Reminds me of my grandfather driving and parking in his 80's. Lucky for him, he drove a 1981 Lincoln Towncar that escaped with little to no battle scars. Unlucky for the cars he hit, especially the newer ones that just began using plastic bumpers and thin sheet metal.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fred Flinstone parked like that all the time

Old 10-15-2020, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hard to watch

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:56 PM
Senior Chief

That’s actually much better than how they really park. It’s acceptable practice to push other cars to make room for your car. They sell bumper guards that are a thick piece of rubber to protect your car. I watched a Prius push a Expedition About 10 feet last time in NY city. His tires were smoking as he pushed it. No one bats an eye.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:29 PM
Suspended

The NY City/NJ area is not my favorite when I was driving a tractor-trailer over the road. People park wherever. In one instance, some guy had blocked an off-street dock I had to back down into. No problem, I eased my front bumper up onto the car's rear bumper and pushed it in the middle of the street and then backed up my truck. It was still sitting there when I left.

Another time in Jersey City I had to negotiate a right turn. Cars were literally double and triple parked along the road - never saw that before. A car had parked on the corner of the street sticking way past the curb and into the road. I made my turn and saw that I was going to hit the car. So I backed a short ways down the road in the traffic to reposition myself to make a wider swing. On came blue lights behind me. A mad as a hornet city cop jumped out and yelling at me asked me what the "F" I was doing. I explained the situation and he said the "MF" is parked illegally and he said to run the "F'n" car over and if I ever pull a stunt like backing up again in his city he was giving me an "F'n" ticket. That cop scared the hell out of me. I hopped in my truck and took off like a rocket, but did clear the car. Never went back there.

Those are just some of the experiences one has in that area and I had a number of ill experiences. Hated going in there and you don't want to be making deliveries at night - that's a guarantee to get robbed, shot, or killed. Learned that early on.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Fred Flinstone parked like that all the time
BVZ, My hero ! Back in those days chit didn't den't.

I spent quite a few years doing work in the Bronx, NYC, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island area, it gets brutal. I used the LaGuardia and JFK airports allot, the bumpers on taxi's are absolutely paintless. I recall going into Manhattan to see a lawyer and looking for a parking spot in my F250 king cab, ya,,, I couldn't see any curbs, rather own find a place to park so I had to use a garage. Lots of people don't own a vehicle there because it cost more to park than it does to own a auto.

I pull up and the guy tells me, "No!, too big" I said what!? He says "No!, Too Big!", So I explain, 'like he don't know', there is no place to park. His response was, "I charge you 2 spots, , what'a ya gonna do... actually looking back it was probably better to go that rout, they park it and are responsible. At least when I returned to get it back there were no dents or scuffs, but there also wasn't 2 inches anywhere around it except for the drivers door, packed like sardines.

Frank