Old 10-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

11D on the trim tag, 12-01 on the build sheet and shipped date of 12-29-69. And a notation of INSERT BODY IN STORAGE. Then shipped again to storage lot on 02-24-70 and dealer credited some money. Interesting indeed.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another small tidbit detail i recently noticed - the MSRP actually Increased just a little bit when it went to the zone lot / Invoice #2 . (lol)
Even though the Destination Amount decreased a little bit.

No doubt it was still a brand new retail-able car when it left Hayes in late February.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:24 AM

Got a response from Jim at PHS:

There are no additional invoices for your '70 Judge. I can only assume that this car was initially ordered by Haynes Pontiac as a regular dealer order and then for some reason placed in service as a PMD Company Car for zone use.

Jim Mattison

I think this may only add to the riddle, although it definitely is helpful.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its a shame Invoice #3 can't be found - or no longer exists.
At least the car has #1 and #2.
Some multi-invoice cars are missing either #1 or #2 , and that really hurts the trail coverage.

Still don't see why Jim is only assuming it was a Company/Zone use car.

That is one possibility,
I'd rather use the and/or approach

They built these cars every day, and usually they were built to order when executives took their next ride after 3 months or 3,000 miles. Or when departments needed a particular type vehicle. Still a possibility though.

Its a wide open trail after invoice #2

Old 10-18-2019, 02:35 PM

There are just too many possibilities to even speculate on what happened. I'm hoping to at some point get a hold of the original owner, or more likely a close family member of theirs. Might be a long shot but I've got my feelers out there digging. That is the one owner we don't know the name of. Even if I find it, might prove difficult to track down. Don said he spoke to the owners son but that had to have been many moons ago.

Any idea where Jim's records came from? I'm presuming he doesn't have 100% of them.