Old 09-20-2018, 02:24 PM

Default Bumper replating

Any body use Keystone for bumper replating. Got 65 bumpers to have done. Any info . Pricing how to find outlet in north east.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did. Very happy with results. Comes with lifetime guarantee. Find the closest LKQ place. Drop it off. They ship it to their plating place . North Star plating, I think. It was about $515 per bumper. I etched my initials on the inner face. Just to make sure I got mine back. I did.No grind marks, no plating blems and they straightened them too.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I recently dropped off a Chevelle bumper at LKQ in Omaha, got my bumper back in 3 months or so, $417. Unbelievably good job, chrome is perfect, the straightening and crack fixing they did was nothing short of amazing. The bumper I gave them was really a piece of crap and what they gave me back was stunning.

I've had most of my bumpers in the past done by Keystone or Tri-City, both are great.

Keystone/North Star/LKQ are all the same company.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Suspended

LKQ is Keystone and you get what you pay for.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There plant is about three blocks from my house. Toured the plant a couple of times. After they straighten and polish your bumper it's nickel plated three times, copper plated then show cromed. They also do pot metal now.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Years ago we used Sioux Plating reqularly and almost 7 years ago sent my 64 bumpers in. Didn`t look at them real closely so this year and during final assembly, I opened them to find very nice plating. Wish I had marked mine in someway however. Both front and rear had been rebent at Souix and of course didn`t fit. They fit very well on the car to begin with. I was able to install the rear but the front was way off. I called them and told to send the bumper back. (75.00) I sent a template along for them to follow. After almost 3 months and complaining I got it back. They had placed the bumper in a press and broke a huge amount of chrome. The liar even told me they had replated the bumper. After sending them pics, they said it must have happened on the Speedy deliver truck. This could not have happened as the paper it was wrapped in was not touched. The amount of pressure it would have taken to break that much chrome would have been huge. The shape was correct. They took me again for almost 200.00 bucks. Dirtiest trick I have ever had played on us by a company we had dealt with for 30 years. Used another plater in Colorado. So I probably have 1200 in the front bumper alone. Absolutely beware of Souix Plating and especially their manager.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by War eagle View Post
Years ago we used Sioux Plating reqularly and almost 7 years ago sent my 64 bumpers in. Didn`t look at them real closely so this year and during final assembly, I opened them to find very nice plating. Wish I had marked mine in someway however. Both front and rear had been rebent at Souix and of course didn`t fit. They fit very well on the car to begin with. I was able to install the rear but the front was way off. I called them and told to send the bumper back. (75.00) I sent a template along for them to follow. After almost 3 months and complaining I got it back. They had placed the bumper in a press and broke a huge amount of chrome. The liar even told me they had replated the bumper. After sending them pics, they said it must have happened on the Speedy deliver truck. This could not have happened as the paper it was wrapped in was not touched. The amount of pressure it would have taken to break that much chrome would have been huge. The shape was correct. They took me again for almost 200.00 bucks. Dirtiest trick I have ever had played on us by a company we had dealt with for 30 years. Used another plater in Colorado. So I probably have 1200 in the front bumper alone. Absolutely beware of Souix Plating and especially their manager.
Then another positive mark for Keystone/LKQ. I had a similar situation with the front bumper for the wagon. When I got it installed it was high in the middle. I couldn't even get my fingers in to activate the hood latch. I sent them pictures and an explanation (I had had the complete bumper in storage for years by they). They suggested some adjustments and other tricks that I tried. Didn't work. They then sent me a shipping pickup label and I sent it back. The returned it in less than a month and it was much better, still looked great, fit much better.

Funny how two different companies can treat the same situation so differently.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am certain because of the delay of installation, 7 years, that they felt they had no responsibility. But as I said they claimed they replated it, which was a lie, and then charge me 200.00 bucks as part of their "help" to me. All of the old help had moved on from Sioux Plating or passed away that I used to deal with. That Brett? or Bart? is a real crook. A lier and a cheat and gets the other help to lie as well. 3 months waiting to have them crack 75% of the chrome is outrageous. Beware. I also got on facebook and one fello sent a part in over 3 years ago only to have it lost. Check it out for yourself.