Old 12-31-2019, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dealerships were pretty lax on the requirements for destroying blocks replaced under warranty.

Around 1984, I ran into a guy who was employed by a Pontiac dealership in the Charlotte NC area from about 1965 to 1974. He had a 1963 Catalina with a 1967 428HO with a 66 tripower setup. He also had five or six 4-bolt 400s, 428s and 455s that were replaced by the dealership he worked at. A couple of the blocks had repairable damage, such as a crack in a cylinder wall, while there appeared to be nothing wrong with the rest. The undamaged blocks were bare, so they probably had spun rod bearings.

This guy was close to his service manager, since they both bracket raced. His service manager retired and downsized a few years later, and I acquired an additional 5 or 6 4-bolt blocks he had stashed.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:39 AM

I know that we all appreciate old school photos of Judges from back in the day so here is one for all of us to enjoy. This one was circa 1975.

Armando says he was going for the "funny car look" with the narrow front tires and the fatties in the back. Also check out the zoomies exiting from the front of the rear tires. He also said he had the wing painted black and it didn't come off of the transport that way. He confirms the car had the white wing with BLUE Judge stripes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Armandos Judge back in the day.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	527886  

The Following User Says Thank You to CarlBraun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Big time congrats on such a great chain of events about your new Judge.
Really cool that he still had an old photo of the car .

They look great with Blue stripes and i like a White spoiler better than Black.
WT7 is mainly just a cool oddity because it is so rarely actually documented -
as opposed to how heavily it was promoted in the 70 Judge ads.

Can only guess that maybe some - or many - of White 70 Judge new car orders assumed they would come standard like the cars in the promo ads.

It would have been a neat ice-breaker to discover a WT7 from the Arlington plant.
Find myself wondering more and more if Fred actually meant to type that None were built at Arlington - rather than All were built there.

1970 was the year of the unicorns .
WT7 Judges - 51 built / 3 documented
455HO Judges - 14 built / 1 documented