WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Race Tech

04-06 Race Tech Get in, shuT up, and hang On!

Old 03-28-2004, 07:29 AM

Just to add fuel to the discussion. First I will add my take on the 2004 GTO. I like every thing about the car with 2 exeptions, the Style (that I don't feel is ugly, but I don't find attractive eather) and the price. And for the sticker price they are asking I would need to really love the cars looks to purchase one.
And for the real post. We had our Clubs anual awards Banquette last night, and had the Privlage of haveing John Sawruck as our Guest speaker. He showed us some acceleration numbers from the GM test center at Milford Mi. And they prove that the 2004 GTO is the fastest stock GTO ever produced in the "as it left the factory condition" And I don't doubt his numbers as he has no agenda to sell the new cars, or was that the main topic of his presentation.
All tests were performed with 2 people in the car & about 120lbs of test equipment mounted in the cars. And all the nubers are corrected for the same barometric conditions. And the results are the 2004 is .9 sec faster in the 1/4 mile than the fastest Clasic GTO the 71 455HO automatic that ran 14.7 And given 30 or so years advance in technoligy I don't find it hard to believe.
And remember those numbers are for a heavy stock car on street tires, so they are 3 or so tenths slower than most people would get at the track. But they are an equal comparison.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:29 AM

Just to add fuel to the discussion. First I will add my take on the 2004 GTO. I like every thing about the car with 2 exeptions, the Style (that I don't feel is ugly, but I don't find attractive eather) and the price. And for the sticker price they are asking I would need to really love the cars looks to purchase one.
And for the real post. We had our Clubs anual awards Banquette last night, and had the Privlage of haveing John Sawruck as our Guest speaker. He showed us some acceleration numbers from the GM test center at Milford Mi. And they prove that the 2004 GTO is the fastest stock GTO ever produced in the "as it left the factory condition" And I don't doubt his numbers as he has no agenda to sell the new cars, or was that the main topic of his presentation.
All tests were performed with 2 people in the car & about 120lbs of test equipment mounted in the cars. And all the nubers are corrected for the same barometric conditions. And the results are the 2004 is .9 sec faster in the 1/4 mile than the fastest Clasic GTO the 71 455HO automatic that ran 14.7 And given 30 or so years advance in technoligy I don't find it hard to believe.
And remember those numbers are for a heavy stock car on street tires, so they are 3 or so tenths slower than most people would get at the track. But they are an equal comparison.