Old 01-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, it does. Like I said, it would be perfect if it were only about 1/8" or so wider.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Going to order me some closet door sliders

Old 01-09-2021, 06:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got them at Lowe's. $3 and change for a package that would make six of them. By forcing it all the way rearward I found that one rivet will hold it without it pivoting.
I slipped the sash into the door just to make sure it would travel all the way up and down without binding and it works fine.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Old 01-09-2021, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice job Greg

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

The Following User Says Thank You to OG68 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I'd say that this is working out well so far... Assuming it all goes back in, l'm pretty happy with the AMD glass. Tint looks nice and if it looks wavy with polaroids I'm ok with that.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Old 01-16-2021, 02:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Alright, the glass is installed and it will serve well it's intended purpose...BUT.. I will say that it is not the equal of original glass.
This is AMD glass just for clarification...
Two things; One, I can see in certain lighting situations a very minor 'splotching' of the tint. Almost like it was applied with a spray gun. This is barely noticeable and you have to really look and I suspect this is the same issue that is visible with Polaroid glasses.

Two, and this is more noticeable, the glass is wavy right at the top edge where it meets the roof. The waves extend down about an inch or two. I doubt that I could pick it up in a photo. Not a deal breaker but it's enough that if I run across a really good original I will pick it up to swap it later.
That said, it was still worth the swap because the clear glass is a definite improvement of my grinder-etched original and the general appearance of the car with my window rolled up is way better now.

Last edited by Greg Reid; 01-16-2021 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Alright, the glass is installed and it will serve well it's intended purpose...BUT.. I will say that it is not the equal of original glass.
This is AMD glass just for clarification...
Two things; One, I can see in certain lighting situations a very minor 'splotching' of the tint. Almost like it was applied with a spray gun. This is barely noticeable and you have to really look and I suspect this is the same issue that is visible with Polaroid glasses.

Two, and this is more noticeable, the glass is wavy right at the top edge where it meets the roof. The waves extend down about an inch or two. I doubt that I could pick it up in a photo. Not a deal breaker but it's enough that if I run across a really good original I will pick it up to swap it later.
That said, it was still worth the swap because the clear glass is a definite improvement of my grinder-etched original and the general appearance of the car with my window rolled up is way better now.
Yes, this is exactly what my glass does. The clarity of scratch free glass still outweighs the look of scratched originals, but they do fall short of OE glass. Mine have the same things you describe. The blotching is viable only at certain angles, but once you know how to look for it, its hard not to see it. It seems like it might have something to do with how they bend the glass? Really not sure what what the mfg process is. I also noticed the back top radius of the glass is a little more rounded off from the orignal. Again, thats not a deal breaker, but its there.

All things being said, I would buy the aftermarket glass again, because nothing beats a clean car with scratch free glass But if I could spend twice the money or maybe more for scratch free oe glass that would be a no brainer

How easy did the fastening nuts spin loose? Those were ridiculously hard to break free on my windows.

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA
Old 01-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That flat nut with the oblong holes? Yeah, it was tight but I sprayed it with some 'Open & Shut' and after about 10 minutes of soaking, it came loose.
On the tint looking 'splotchy'. I just noticed this morning that when I look at it just right and I see it, I can see the exact same thing in my factory vent window!
So I may have to retract that complaint.