Old 01-17-2021, 09:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default C5 Corvette Chassis / Drivetrain in 68-69 GTO?

Folks,

I'm headed to retirement by the end of the this year and am contemplating multiple projects I'm going to do over time. At the present time, I've got a very low mileage C5 Vette in my fold. I know this sounds stupid, but it's not worth a lot anymore. One possibility is for me to part it out and transplant the entire chassis / drivetrain in a 68 / 69 GTO. I'm wondering if this is even doable given that the Vette has a torque tube setup. Yes, I already know that I could simply drop the LS engine in with a matching trans and it would be simpler, but it would be cool if I could use the entire chassis setup with all of the advantages it offers.

I'm not afraid to cut up the chassis and weld on it, but is this even possible? Have any of you done it? Alternatively, I could buy an Art Morrison type setup and just sell the Vette.

If any of you have info on C5 Chassis to GTO morphing, please let me know. Right now, it's just a brain fart.

Old Joe

Old 01-17-2021, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you already have the GTO? Just thinking it might be better to start with a Lemans or Tempest .... avoid the unnecessary hit on the value of a GTO.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

First thing compare the track widths of the 2, see if they are somewhat the same.