Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2020, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Correct blue engine paint for '69

Hi all,

A while back I painted my judge engine using the "parts place" spray cans. I had done some searching and someone on here had indicted they thought it was most correct. I can't find that thread now, but the consensus seemed to be that the common blue we see is now assumed to be correct from repetition but in fact is not. That thread indicated the correct original color was more green, and that the mass production paint producers might be saving money by reducing the amount of green pigment.

In fact, the parts place paint is less blue and more green. Does anyone have a picture of an original motor that could shed light on how far off my engine color is at this point? I'm sure out in the world people would perceive it as incorrect. The question is whether they are right or not. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Judge Engine.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	539192