Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Senior Chief

I need a distributor Set up and recurved for my new motor. Do you guys know anyone good to do this?
Thanks

Old 03-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Senior Chief

I need a distributor Set up and recurved for my new motor. Do you guys know anyone good to do this?
Thanks

Old 03-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Would be glad to take care of that for you. Txbobcat just had one worked on, e-mail him and see if he is satisfied.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Sun what do you charge to recurve and get the dist's dialed in correctly.
Do you also do a good check over of the Dist to see if any other goodies are need.
Check End play and all that good jaz?
Mike

Old 03-08-2003, 06:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Spend about 2 hours on each one looking for a whole lot of things actually. really more areas to inspect and/or correct than you probably got time to want to know about. Yes endplay is checked and set, the curve set, all running clearances checked( shaft dia to bushing bore i.d.etc.), and several other operations. The smoothness of how the advance increases as well as how smoothly it decreases is very important. where the advance starts rpm wise as well as where its in by. Where it starts is just as important, if not more so, than where it ends. If it's too early you'll have problems accurately setting the mixture to work consistently, etc. Each dist is different in that the inherent care that was taken of each will dictate how many $$$ one will spend to get it "right". Anyone that has had me work on one of their distributors will tell you that I put in as much effort on a distributor as some will put into a championship winning fuel motor. The guys on other Pontiac boards have been getting out for between 65.00 and 90.00. As you can see I have few posts here as I'm a newbie here, but not to the CP board. I seem to have been spending more time there arguing with a certain few individuals, whom by the way I've never seen on this board, than I was helping the people who most needed it, so I decided to come and hang out here with you guys for a while. Will be glad to help anyone I can.

Old 03-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sun tuned does very excellent work. Got my dist back yesterday and First thing is that thing looked beautifull. Show car quality job. Second but more importantly that car took off and ran extremely well all the way through each gear. Excellent response at any speed in any gear.Bob and I spent a lot of time talking on the phone giving him more info on the car and discussing Pontiacs in general. The turn around time was quick. I will be sending him 3 more distributors to be rebuilt and curved over the next few months as I have time. Sending in the gto first hopefully today. Cant wait to see how well it does as I can tell that my curve was a homemade job. I am glad that Bob has joined our board. He is a good honest man that does super quality work. He has my highest recommendation.

Old 03-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well whats your address for shipping Dist to you?
I will be sending you mine shortly.
So give ti a good once over
Mike

Old 03-08-2003, 02:48 PM

hey sun guy! I will be needing my dist. recurved soon as well. I will be converting it to electronic with a petronix or M&H kit, as I want the the distributor to look stock for shows. Is there an email address I could reach you in the near future so I can it to you. Thanks!

http://firstgenfirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=326

Old 03-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Suntuned email is tn47@AOL.com

Old 03-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Many thanks,Txbobcat. If everybody had customers like you the whole world would be better off. Thanks again.

Old 03-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Senior Chief

You'll have another customer soon

So let me get this straight:
Your Honda has 1.6 liters and my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2?