Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 02-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum and my topic might be a little hard for some to digest but I'm straped I need to get my firebird out of my brothers garage and I have a perfect running 350 with a 350 turbo trans out of a 77 silverado truck, and I was curious if I could drop those into my 79 firebird? or if it's even possible, would I have to get or change the motor mounts and trany mount...I still have the truck maybe I could use some parts from that. If you just want to bash me for this idea I don't care, but if you have a good idea or a link that might be helpful I would be much gratful.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum and my topic might be a little hard for some to digest but I'm straped I need to get my firebird out of my brothers garage and I have a perfect running 350 with a 350 turbo trans out of a 77 silverado truck, and I was curious if I could drop those into my 79 firebird? or if it's even possible, would I have to get or change the motor mounts and trany mount...I still have the truck maybe I could use some parts from that. If you just want to bash me for this idea I don't care, but if you have a good idea or a link that might be helpful I would be much gratful.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to Formula428

Get some 2nd gen Camaro engine/frame mounts. Is the truck a 2wd? Do you have the old tranny out of the 'bird? If so, measure and compare the two.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:47 AM

I hope it's only temporary. The 2wd truck trans is likely to have a longer tail than what came Firebird. You would have to shorten the drive shaft. Starter is on the wrong side. Either move battery or get a really long cable. I have a 77 Firebird here that I am parting. It came from the factory with a chevy. I might have the frame mounts, battery tray, and chevy wiring harness that would make your swap easier and reversable, for when you want ot put a pontiac motor in it. Email me if you have interest. Chevy junk will go cheap. pontiacmaniac@suscom.net

Old 02-14-2005, 06:50 PM

Yes formula I do have the old trany and the truck is a 2wd..but i'm gonna just try to sell the 350 engine/trans out of the truck and just try and find some pontiac power...thanks dudes for steering me away from a big mistake.