Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Newbie here, So a 15x8 with 4.5 bs is the widest you can go with un-modified suspension? And a 295-50-15 is the widest?What about different size rims, Like 17"s,I've seen 17" Torque Trusts on a nova,wondering if anybody here runs 17s.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON BLU View Post
Newbie here, So a 15x8 with 4.5 bs is the widest you can go with un-modified suspension? And a 295-50-15 is the widest?What about different size rims, Like 17"s,I've seen 17" Torque Trusts on a nova,wondering if anybody here runs 17s.
The diameter of the wheel doesn't effect anything, just a shorter sidewall for the same size tire when comparing 17" vs 15"

With a 275 tire I ran 5.5" backspacing with a 8" wheel. Some lighter hammering on the inner wheel well was needed. You can run a 9" wheel with the same back space but more hammering is needed to the outer wheel house. If you pop the trunk and look at the wheel tub compared to the quarter panel you'll see the area that needs the hammering. You can use a a block of wood and jack to stretch this area, at your own risk of course, it can be hazardous.

There are a few gages/tools out now that simulate the tire you plan to run mounted, so you can play with backspacing and the width of the wheel.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:01 PM

Thanks, I am getting 17x8's with 4.5 BS for the back and 17x7 with 4.25 BS for the front,any idea on what size I should order on the back? These will be my road tires,I have 15x8's with 255/60/15's that I will run at the track.