Old 12-24-1999, 02:01 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Hey, who else out there is an aficionado of
these old tanks? I have a '72 Grandville
convertible 455. Let's hear about your ride.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 12-24-1999, 02:01 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Hey, who else out there is an aficionado of
these old tanks? I have a '72 Grandville
convertible 455. Let's hear about your ride.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 12-24-1999, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a 73 Grand Am 455. How many of these cars were made as this is a complete rust bucket, but a don't want to strip or junk it. Later

Old 12-24-1999, 03:46 PM
Suspended

Ken: Aw, go ahead; strip it. After all, you're the same moke that junked a clean '68 Cat. By the way, a '73 GA isn't a big car; it's a midsize, or "A" body. Yeesh.

Old 12-25-1999, 09:02 PM

I have two 1975 Grand Ville convertibles and love them. They are as durable as the day is long. They are wonderful to drive long distances since they are so roomy and comfortable. Since they run on regular unleaded gas, the can actually be driven without fear of not finding premium fuel or having to add lead to the fuel etc. In addition, since they were originally bought by older more prosperous people, they weren't flogged like the muscle cars were so they are usually found in better condition. The most remarkable thing is that more folks haven't caught on to these sleepers yet! Let's hear it for the "B" bodies!

[This message has been edited by Grand Ville Joe (edited 12-25-1999).]

Old 12-28-1999, 05:35 PM

I have a 69' Catalina 2dr hardtop with a mildly built up 400, (Offenhauser 360 degree intake, Holley 600, Summit 272 advertised duration cam, new pushrods). I took off all the chrome and side lights and filled it in with long-n-strong. The body work has been completed and a test coat of Jaguar dark metalic green paint was put on in september. I have to wait until spring to get the entire paint job completed. The bumpers and grille will be black. I also have the hole cut out in the hood for my Harwood Aero scoop. I plan on replacing the splitbench with buckets, and the interior will be black. I have Cooper Cobra's 275/50 on the back and 205/60 on the front, mounted on chrome U.S. brand 5 spoke 15" wheels. I'm starting my project for a 455 street motor which I'm trying to achieve 600/600 rear wheel numbers on a chassis dyno. Piece by piece I'll get the car completely customized to my preferences. I don't understand why the chrome was added in the first place, this car is very sporty looking with the body surface smooth, its lines look similar to that of a 67' Chevelle. I have fun dusting all the little Mustangs around High School with their sorry 289's and 351 windsors. So much for a big car not being able to really burn rubber.

Hell bent
Hell bent for leather
Old 02-29-2000, 09:27 PM

I picked up a 1967 Grand Prix Con"vt in the fall.They made 5856 of these.I can"t wait to drive it the the car shows this summer.I never had a convertible before.It is tripple black.I know this car will be hot in the sun but I don"t care.it has maching numbers 400 with auto.I think Iam going to change the gears for 3.08 to 3.73 to help low end.I think it would be nice to see these big cars gain in popularity.I know 5 people with Pontiac convertibles .It will be cool to just show up with one to.I cant wait.