Old 10-27-2019, 11:00 PM

And of course, I welcome all your advice and suggestions on the car. It’s really fantastic to have a place where all the experienced owners and professionals can exchange thoughts and ideas. We’re just trying to enjoy the ride and keep the legacy of this Judge going strong for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Endura bumper story was in a recent edition of POCI's 'Smoke Signals'. We spoke to the man that invented Endura, Paul Haines, who also was a guest speaker at the 2019 GTOAA Convention.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71JudgeFNG View Post
It was a great experience at the Uprising, and my MIL had a fantastic time at the show. It really brought back a lot of memories of the car, and she loved how excited everyone was to see it and meet the original owner. Thanks to everyone who stopped by talked about the car.

As far as secrets or revelations, there weren’t any major revelations, but the black Endura front bumper being factory original seems to have been an agreed certainty. My MIL recalls it always being that way, and that they actually liked the way it looked which explains why it was never repainted. A few of the guys I talked to confirmed that is how special paint cars were delivered because of the Endura manufacturing process. It was also pointed out again that the Orbit Orange paint code was included on the Fisher body tag beyond the “- -“ paint code (AF 128 - the DuPont paint code). There are also some small details brought up like the trunk torsion rods being set too loose so the trunk falls (because the Judge spoiler addition is too heavy), and the missing 455 HO air cleaner decal (not to mention a missing correct cleaner wing nut).

We are expecting the write-up to come out within the year, but haven’t heard of an exact date. There was a good story written by a gentleman we spoke to at the Uprising done on The Transmission if you want to catch up in the meantime. Thanks again for all your interest - it has been a blast bringing this car out for you guys to see!

are you saying it says AF-128 on the cowl tag? I don't recall anything like that on my 71 OO it has the dashes.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:29 PM

Yes - it includes both the dashes and on the bottom is AF 128

Old 10-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

wow, I have never noticed it. I pulled a pic off my phone I had taken quite a while back. never knew that was what the AF-128 was. mine also appears to have something else on it like 926 or 928 but the pic is terrible. I will have to take a look at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71 gto 455ho orbit orange cowl tag mine.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	523280  

Old 10-30-2019, 08:44 PM

Default The Last Judge

Yeah, I was re-reading through the thread before we went to the uprising and saw someone had pointed out that AF 128 was likely the paint code. I don’t recall if this link was provided or if I found it on my own, but this shows the code matches up:
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=2257

Edit - the link doesn’t seem to be posting, so here is a screenshot:

Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, that is the link I posted for John. Gary, yours has the 926 one would expect to accompany the AF128

Old 10-30-2019, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

learn something new all the time. ive been into these cars since the mid 70's (loved cars since I was a little kid but didn't start buying them until the mid 70's) and have never had any idea that was a paint code. excellent documentation on the orbit orange color. thank you for the information.

Old 04-17-2021, 02:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:

We are expecting the write-up to come out within the year, but haven’t heard of an exact date. There was a good story written by a gentleman we spoke to at the Uprising done on The Transmission if you want to catch up in the meantime. Thanks again for all your interest - it has been a blast bringing this car out for you guys to see!
Bringing this one back to the top and would like to hear more...

Missed the comment there was more on The Transmission site; here is the link and a photo from the article https://www.thetransmission.com/2019...ir-judge-made/

Interesting information on the ownership and how the car came to be, as well as the original paint.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pontiac-71 Judge  back in the day.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	564921  

The Following User Says Thank You to Pepper Judge For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 09:23 PM

My wife and I are the current owners (she’s the daughter of the original owners). We did a photo shoot and interview with a reputable writer/photographer, but that was before the collapse of the automotive print industry and last I heard there wasn’t anything immediately in the works. That being said, feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to answer. We are planning on bringing the Judge to the GTOAA nationals this year in Wisconsin Dells, and Mary the original owner is coming along with us too.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper Judge View Post
Bringing this one back to the top and would like to hear more...

Missed the comment there was more on The Transmission site; here is the link and a photo from the article https://www.thetransmission.com/2019...ir-judge-made/

Interesting information on the ownership and how the car came to be, as well as the original paint.

Thanks Pepper !
Had given up on ever hearing/reading more details on the car and owner history.
The Transmission article was great.
I totally overlooked that comment before - taking it as just being something written about only "the transmission in the car" .

Wonder who did all the cleaning and detailing to the car ?
They did an amazing job on the exterior

An incredible car & back-story that goes along with it.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:42 PM

I was the one who cleaned and detailed the car, so thanks for the compliment!

The guy who got it up and running ended up hosing off all the dirt from sitting for years. Once we got it back my wife helped me give it a good exterior wash. I clay barred the exterior to get it as clean as possible, then we gave it a wax job.

The interior was a lot of elbow grease to get the years of dirt out of the parchment colored seats and panels, but I really was amazed how much they cleaned up. The interior is in amazing shape, so that helps too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 71JudgeFNG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My wife and I are the current owners ...
We are planning on bringing the Judge to the GTOAA nationals this year in Wisconsin Dells, and Mary the original owner is coming along with us too.
The original color and late build are amazing factoids on your car.
Unrestored and still within the original owner's family is incredible.
Mary's story is completely over-the-top in historical significance towards the car, if it had ever gotten sold in the past most all of that would have been lost.
Truly Amazing .

The part where she spoke of the White Judge was a real mind blower.

Your Judge will be very appreciated by spectators at GTOAA.
I won't be there, but extend my thanks to you and your wife for your desire to take the car there for others to enjoy.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:11 PM

Well Wayne and Mary definitely knew they had something special (Mary may have spited it a bit more than Wayne because it was her daily driver for a number of years, including during the Minnesota winters and even while pregnant). The original paperwork they saved is in incredible shape - It literally felt like it just came from the dealership!

Wayne was actually the first one to recount the white car story, and it came up right after they had given us the car. I was trying to figure out exactly what we had, and I asked about why the car was a 1970 color. That’s when he said they paid good money for that color, and the dealer called and said the car arrived but it was white! Wayne told the dealer to pound sand and send him a refund, and sure enough they got a call back that the orbit orange car was ready. The thought is the dealer was trying to either keep the Orbit Orange Judge or make a double sale, but very happy Wayne stuck to his guns. We unfortunately lost Wayne a few months before we were able to get the Judge out of the garage and restored, but I imagine he would have been pretty proud to see people as excited as they have been about their car.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Get story and I too look forward in seeing it at the Dells this year.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool story

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 04-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott and his wife are a delight to know and their story is a fun one!

I recall having received an email from Scott on 5/7/18 to our Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic website (show ran for 33 years, since disbanded). I responded to Scott's inquiry and we soon connected via phone, then texts and we "got blood pumping". I asked Scott to send me some pictures, promising to keep them private, so I could provide guidance for him to validate his story. With each exchange, we grew more confident that this story was correct. Clearly, Scott/family appreciated the car and wanted to revive it.

As fate would have it, two other members of our GTO club would separately come in contact with Scott after I first connected with him. Paul K. helped Scott with documentation and recommendations for mechanical inspection/repair and John Z. happened to be driving past the road where the garage faced on the very day that Scott/Family and Paul K were there to bring the car from the garage. John's tale is just hilarious as he estimates he's driven past that house/garage more than 1,000 times and had never before seen the garage open. As John was driving past, he caught a glimpse of Orbit Orange out of the corner of his eye and said to his passenger (paraphrase), "I thought I just saw an Orbit Orange GTO!". John decided to turn around to investigate, as he had done so often over the years. It was then when he came upon the house/garage and all of the people pulling the car from it's long slumber and then he comes face-to-face with Paul, a friend of nearly 40 years. That was wild!

I have additional pictures of the car from what Scott shared in early May of 2018 before anyone outside of the family had seen it. If he's OK with me posting some of them, I will do so.

Lastly, I was able to meet Scott / Wife at the MCACN show where we also met DIEGO, who was able to share information proving the car was, as claimed, the LAST Judge produced - story matched perfectly.

Scott, text me when you get this - I can't locate your number! :-o

Neat stuff!! Kurt

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 04-26-2021, 03:42 PM

Thanks for sharing your story with this unusual Judge. Funny part is John Z. driving by and recognizing an A body and at the perfect timing to see the car pulled from its slumber.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gtoMN View Post
Lastly, I was able to meet Scott / Wife at the MCACN show where we also met DIEGO, who was able to share information proving the car was, as claimed, the LAST Judge produced - story matched perfectly.
Yes, Scott and his wife were lovely, but it also was great to meet you--it's always nice to know good Pontiac people!