Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1964 lemans coupe

I am looking for a complete 64 lemans or GTO to restore. No engine or trans is OK. Please e-mail pic and price of what you have.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to 65GTOfan Send a message via Yahoo to 65GTOfan
Default Here is my ad for one posted July 1 - Price is adjustble

Here is something priced at a place a lot of people can appreciate. For $5500.00, I have a `64 that is pretty complete, it drives, but needs things like a wiper assembly and so on to go back to the street. I bought it two years ago as it was being sold as a car that had been built as a tribute to an older man who used to race one similar before he fell into ailing health. The body is solid, the interior looks good- to a degree. The sail panels are gone as are the visors. The back seat is original and the front seats are replaced by some fiberglass buckets. The only instrumentation is a tach and aftermarket gauges, but that all works. There is a Hurst Floor shifter. No belts or roll bars. the carpet is good, though not fancy. the glass is all good, the chrome is all there, though the R. Bumper need replated. The hood is a Glasstek fiberglass unit with a 4" cowl scoop built in - mounted on stock hinges with the light springs. The engine is reasonably strong, although I took their word that it is a 400. It has an edelbrock intake and Holley carb with headers and a fairly aggressive sounding cam.
This is not a race car, although it could be with some work, it is not a street ready driver, although it is solid mechanically with all new bushings and brakes. The Gas is in a big fuel cell in the trunk, the battey is back there too. The trunk floor is crap, as are the rear inner wheel wells at the bottom. BUT, the body looks great, there is no visible rust, and the paint job may be hiding some patch work, but it looks real good body wise. The paint itself, however, is a 30 footer. The color is killer, but the orange peel in spots is monumental. I am not selling this car to be anything but what I have very accurately described.
This could be the very solid base for anything you want to make it, but you can also get in it and drive it right now, with no instant work or parts required.
I have 48 pictures of the car taken today, July 1, 2009 that show everything I know or can see about the car.
Since I already have an 8 second `65 GTO drag car, a blown `04 GTO, and a 10 year street `65 GTO project car, there is really no room in my shop for this car any longer.
It will be sold on a good Illinois title that I received with the car when I purchased it and the picture of the gauges show it carrying 60# of oil pressure at 1000 rpm, so I believe that you can start from here with your imagination, toil, and checkbook being your only limits.
I expect to sell this car quickly by asking a realistic price, and that should cut out the guesswork, and "wouldyoutake" dreamers. The only trade that might be entertained is a Trick Titanium Bellhousing for a Pontiac bolt pattern so I can put my Lenco 4 speed in my next race car project - otherwise we are talking cash all the way.

Best Email to reach me is; Tony@presscars.com

Let the talks begin, I am offering it here instead of Ebay, because my passion for all things Pontiac dictates that I would like to see the car go to someone who is of somewhat similar persuasion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: PICT0005.jpg Views: 65 Size: 67.6 KB ID: 173528 Click image for larger version Name: PICT0006.jpg Views: 59 Size: 60.7 KB ID: 173529 Click image for larger version Name: PICT0015.jpg Views: 56 Size: 61.6 KB ID: 173530

Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 PM

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ght=64+Tempest