Old 04-01-2020, 02:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Opticleen bottle question

My 59 Bonneville...has 2 speed wipers...with washers.......

Were these standard equipment on Bonneville......and should there be an Opticleen glass bottle...under the hood?...Not sure what year that started..

Old 04-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The oldest washer concentrate bottles offered from GM that I've ever seen started in 1960.
It was called "Kleer View", not Optikleen. It changed in the late '60s and was an option available both Factory or Dealer add on.
If you could find a nice 1960 Bottel/label most wouldn't know

Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin View Post
The oldest washer concentrate bottles offered from GM that I've ever seen started in 1960.
It was called "Kleer View", not Optikleen. It changed in the late '60s and was an option available both Factory or Dealer add on.
If you could find a nice 1960 Bottel/label most wouldn't know
OK,thanks...

Was it the triangular bottle....and any idea where it was located.....on a 60?

Old 04-02-2020, 01:05 AM

Green Hornet.....two speed overlapping wipers were standard on Bonnevilles and Star Chiefs, optional non overlapping on Catalinas. Washers were optional on all models. Will further research the washer bottle question and get back to you.....John

Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 PM

Green Hornet.....here's what I got on the washer fluid. It was called Kleen-View, and was a concentrate, green in color. It was sold in 16 oz triangle shaped bottles by the dealers as part #3789848. They were available to the dealer in cases of 12 as part # 989664 without the brackets. The brackets were dealer installed separately, and mounted on the forward down sloping side of the passenger fender well. There are two dimples on the fender well to mark the location......John

Old 04-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATBIRD View Post
Green Hornet.....here's what I got on the washer fluid. It was called Kleen-View, and was a concentrate, green in color. It was sold in 16 oz triangle shaped bottles by the dealers as part #3789848. They were available to the dealer in cases of 12 as part # 989664 without the brackets. The brackets were dealer installed separately, and mounted on the forward down sloping side of the passenger fender well. There are two dimples on the fender well to mark the location......John
Great....Thanks for your input...