Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 02-01-2000, 09:55 PM

I was planning on getting either ebaich or Hotchkis lowering spring kit and use 79 TA spindals on my 67 lemans, anybody have any problems with either springs? Which is better?quality,handling
thanks

Old 02-01-2000, 09:55 PM

I was planning on getting either ebaich or Hotchkis lowering spring kit and use 79 TA spindals on my 67 lemans, anybody have any problems with either springs? Which is better?quality,handling
thanks

Old 02-01-2000, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Roger,
I put the Hotchkis springs in my car- I love 'em! They really "tightened up" the way my '68 LeMans rides/handles. The difference is night and day- with the old springs (and GM's squishy ride), my headers were guaranteed to smack the pavement on a dip in the road. With the new lowering springs in place, it takes the dip and returns to ride height in a very controlled manner- BTW, I have not changed the shocks yet, so I know it's not these that made the difference. If you have ever driven a BMW or Mercedes, you'll know what I mean by controlled manner.
Good luck-

------------------
John

[This message has been edited by JC455 (edited 02-01-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000, 10:39 PM
Suspended

Roger:

Get yourself some Konis as well. They made more of a difference on the front than they do on the back, though. Nosediving while braking or at a stop sign, even with soft springs, will be a thing of the past. They have a lifetime warranty as well. I have a set on my '69 Bird, with 1968 date codes and dealer-installed in '69, which still work fabulously. This may open up a whole new discussion: that of "soft springs/stiff shocks and big sway bars" vs. "kidney-hammering hard springs (Guldstrand)and shocks with small sway bars".

Scott

Old 02-05-2000, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree with Scott on this. If you can afford Koni's, go for it! I had them on my '76 T/A- Man what a difference!
John