Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 02-08-2000, 06:06 PM

Tearing apart the front end of my '68 LeMans to replace what's needed, I've noticed the "oval" shape of the lwr control arm bushings; is there anything I need to know before replacing? Energy suspension offers replacement bushings, but it appears you have to RE-USE the bushing shell (!). I was leaning toward Moog or another aftermarket brand. Also, a good recommendable coil spring?

Old 02-08-2000, 06:06 PM

Tearing apart the front end of my '68 LeMans to replace what's needed, I've noticed the "oval" shape of the lwr control arm bushings; is there anything I need to know before replacing? Energy suspension offers replacement bushings, but it appears you have to RE-USE the bushing shell (!). I was leaning toward Moog or another aftermarket brand. Also, a good recommendable coil spring?

Old 02-08-2000, 10:07 PM

I have the energy suspention kit, it comes with the oval shell. You do not have to reuse yours.

Old 02-14-2000, 07:12 PM

Eibach's Pro-Kit springs come in an A-body variety. They say they lower the front @ 1.5" and the rear @ 1". But since they are basically made for Chevelle's (probably with a small-block), I'm not sure how much they will actually lower a heavier big-block car.
My 1970 GTO has a great stance with them on, but it's not much different than I had with badly sagging stock springs.
Anyway, they are a great progressive-rate spring. I found a set of 4 for @ $260.

------------------