Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 06-22-2005, 08:18 PM

This is my first posting on any website so bear with me. I am trying to locate a 1965 GTO hardtop that my father purchased new around early March 1965. The VIN was/is 237375P227205. This car was purchased in Fort Wayne, IN and later traded in 1968 in the same area (trade was for a new 1968 Grand Prix which I still consider a rotten trade). I still have in my posession the original order sheet and the loan agreement papers. I would like to share these with the current owner if the car still exists. I also have two pictures of the car when it was about a month or two old. Thanks for your assistance.

Old 06-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Try contacting Pontiac Historic Service - WWW.PHS-Online.com. The current owner may have contacted them to get a build sheet and PHS may be will to act as go between.

My old car is listed in the 2007 Scottsdale Auction, Lot #1016 - $60K
And in the 2008 Scottsdale auction, Lot #960 - $80K
Eventually sold by Brighton Motor Sports in Scottsdale, AZ - http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/...p/product/4844
Old 06-24-2005, 07:12 PM

jarhead,

Thanks. I haven't talked with the PHS guys in a while and this might be a start.

Jeff

Old 06-30-2005, 04:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You could also try:

Putting a wanted ad on CollectorCarTrader.com.

Google the Vin to see if is on any websites like the GTO registry.

Take a digital photo of your pictures and have the photos posted on ultimategto.com in the 1965 section with your contact information. A lot of people look at that site.

Have a GTO assoc. member fax in a free ad for the monthly news letter.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 PM

SlowGTO,

Good suggestions. I have sent in a wanted add in to the Legend as I have been a member for 20 years (first add I have ever run). It would be nice to see if this car still exists.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 08-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

try www.ustrace.com fill out the form it cost like 35/45 dollars