Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 02-01-2000, 09:59 PM

I have a 12 bolt I plan to put rear disks on, in car craft, henrich put disks on his 66 gto on his 12 bolt he got off a cadd. seville, any body else no what junkyard cars may carry them that will bolt to a 12 bolt?
thanks roger

Old 02-01-2000, 09:59 PM

I have a 12 bolt I plan to put rear disks on, in car craft, henrich put disks on his 66 gto on his 12 bolt he got off a cadd. seville, any body else no what junkyard cars may carry them that will bolt to a 12 bolt?
thanks roger

Old 02-01-2000, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They're the same set up, but the WS-6 cars used them. I could be wrong about 77-78, but I know the 79 Seville is the same as the 78-81 WS-6 design. Also, make sure you get the parking brake cables and the prop valve (or go to Master Power for one)
Later-

------------------
John

Old 02-06-2000, 03:07 AM

You might contact Moser Engineering in Portland,In and see if they have a supplier or a listing of interchanges for this application. I know they deal in wildwood but i'm not sure of any other suppliers. Check the bolt pattern [backing plate]between the 10 and 12 bolts if they are the same the ws6 units should work. Be sure to get all the parts as they are expensive to buy without cores.As mentioned above get the p/brake cables as these are the adjustment for the rear brakes.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-06-2000, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Cad units seem to be more plentiful in the wrecking yards. The 77 & 78 units use a larger caliper. The 79 uses the same caliper as the WS6. The Cad is a 5 on 5 pattern and you will need to redrill the rotors.

You will also want to use a residual valve to maintain feel. Otherwise you will have a bit of a soft pedal as the rear calipers apply.

------------------
www.PontiacDragDays.com
Dave "Big Injun" Anderson

For GTO Celebration items click the tile coaster.
Old 03-28-2000, 12:12 PM

Be warned. If you are using a manual transmission, and need to use your parking brake frequently, you will find that it goes from adequate with drums, to feeble with discs. I am still trying to rework the cable brackets on my 79 T/A with discs to make it work at all.