Old 09-06-2013, 08:14 AM

Default Fiero Club Help

Hello,
A friend of mine's 16 year old son will be getting a 87 GT soon
I wanted to get him a subscription to Fiero Club of America.
However, all I find are state by state of local chapters.
Does anyone know anything about Fiero Club of America and do they have a monthly
publication?
Thanks
CPW

Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Senior Chief

FOCOA (Fiero Owners Club of America) folded years ago. I assume that's the one you're referring to. At this point, only local, state and regional clubs exist. However, don't take that as an indication of interest. The 25th & 30th anniversary shows in Pontiac, MI and Indianapolis, IN each had over 300 cars in attendance. For a single model that only existed for 5 years, that's a pretty good showing.

If you're looking for a place to get started contacting other Fiero owners, either try one of the club websites, or check out Pennock's Fiero Forum.

Where are you located?

John
Fiero owner for 27 years.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:10 AM

John,
Thanks for the reply (you are the only person that did)
I will try to contact one of the local clubs.
We are located in DeLand, FL (about 20 miles from Daytona).
Where are you located?

cpw (Mike)

Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

Mike,
I'm in Michigan.

I'm not surprised you didn't get much response from others on this forum. Not much respect for Fieros in the older car community, even though they're all at least 25 years old now. I never did understand why classic Pontiac people totally ignore us - the Fiero is as Pontiac as it gets. It was designed by Pontiac and built in Pontiac. It was also a Pontiac-only platform, unlike ALL other models that are considered "Pontiacs" on this forum. And I can say that with confidence because both my dad and I worked at Pontiac engineering. My dad was there 1952 - 1987.

I just did a quick search for Florida fiero clubs and found a few choices close to your area. Space Coast Fieros is in Sharpes, and Suncoast Fieros is in Tampa Bay.

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend a specific club in Florida. But in general, I've found the Fiero community to be a really nice, helpful group of people, no matter where they're from. Personally, I prefer them to the GTO people in my area. That's why I never joined a GTO club, but I'm an officer in the Michigan Fiero Club.

John

Old 09-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Senior Chief

Pennocks Fiero Forum , fiero.nl , has alot of info on the Fiero. They also will have local groups of enthusists that meet. Fiero owner never have gotten much respect so they are a nicer group of people. I agree with you about a lot of GTO people having an elitist attitude. They seem to look down on all of the other models.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerry455 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ouch!

Not CURRENTLY a GTO owner...as my '64 "tribute" Tri-Power 4-speed doesn't qualify...but I've pretty much owned at least one GTO at any given time since 1984, and I don't recall having looked down on any other make or model owner...but I can only speak for me. Anyway...about to acquire my second Fiero...an '86 GT 4-speed. Also many NOS parts as this is the last of the six Fieros this fellow had and now he's moving. As such...I would love to know how to connect with the Fiero tribe to the benefit of all. Haven't decided what to do with the car...Red/Silver w/54k miles...unrestored but serviced exclusively with Genuine GM Parts! Anyway...love what was said about the car and never realized the "Pure Pontiac" thing as it pertains to the Fiero. I was lucky enough to befriend John Sawruk and he enlightened me immensely on all things Pontiac. What an exciting place to work during those times!

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation So...

got the car home...every available option except for rear window defroster...had 56k miles. Also have a pick-up truck load of parts...most of it NOS! I'd really like to put someone into the Fiero business. I cannot even list what I have. Several radios and tape decks which are used but appear to have been reconditioned. NOS parts include exhaust manifolds. clutch kits, seat covers, window sweeps, distributors, a/c controllers, pumps and actuators, sensors, modules...on and on. Used parts include extra wheels, sunroof sunshade and case, headlight motors, steering wheel and several centers...on and on. Contact me for a package deal and make us BOTH happy!

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron,

I sent you a PM.

Jeff

1978 Y88 Trans Am W72/auto
1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am
1984 Trans Am
1993 Trans Am
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
2001 10th anniversary Firehawk #104
2006 GTO