Old 04-15-2020, 09:55 PM

Default 1978 Trans Am assembly manual???

Every car I've restored there was a assembly manual for them, but seems nothing for the 77-78 TA why? I looked everywhere googled every entry I could think of and came up empty. I finally just bought a 1976 Firebird/TA manual being is it should cover most of the stuff and pics and notes will take care of the missing during disassembly. So did I mis something and if not what are you folks with 77 and 78 TA's using? Thanks

Old 04-15-2020, 11:58 PM
Suspended

Many, many have restored these cars, and other cars, and never had access to an assembly manual. They certainly were not widely available until reproduced over the last few years. Why, nothing for 77-78? Have you found an original to reproduce? No, neither has anyone else. They weren't even meant to exist beyond the production line to assist. There isn't a whole lot of extra information that can be found if you already have one or two, even the 76-81 Parts manual is possibly more useful. There's a 1980 Assembly manual that features a few areas that aren't of use with the 76.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
Many, many have restored these cars, and other cars, and never had access to an assembly manual. They certainly were not widely available until reproduced over the last few years. Why, nothing for 77-78? Have you found an original to reproduce? No, neither has anyone else. They weren't even meant to exist beyond the production line to assist. There isn't a whole lot of extra information that can be found if you already have one or two, even the 76-81 Parts manual is possibly more useful. There's a 1980 Assembly manual that features a few areas that aren't of use with the 76.
Yes I went through not having one in the early years also having rely on notes and pics lol. I was really wondering why the 77-78 years were seemed to be skipped. I just like being able to reach and grab the book off the shelf fo quick refference when needed. I like having the pages with part numbers and frame measurements ECT. Thanks Aus for the reply.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:52 AM
Suspended

I have both book and disc version of most manuals. Easy to quickly search a page or part number, print if likely to get covered in grease. PM your email if you need 1980 Assembly etc.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus78Formula View Post
I have both book and disc version of most manuals. Easy to quickly search a page or part number, print if likely to get covered in grease. PM your email if you need 1980 Assembly etc.
Thank you Aus will do.