Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
I normally order through Natchez, but the availability for .45's is a hit or miss, at least it is with me. There only seems to be a couple of times a year that they carry stock.

Normally, I would agree that CTD sucks, but they had a darned good price, so I'll try them this go around.
The 45ACP has been hit or miss everywhere since the Obama scare in 08'. Our local Wally did not have stock for 1.5 years after that but now have it on the shelves. CTD in 08' pissed off lots of potential and existing customers when they doubled the prices of ammo the night of the election. If they have good prices go order from them. Personally, I cannot support a business like that.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There seems to be only about 2 days a months that Wall Mart, K-Mart, Meijers, etc.. has any stock on .45's. At least that's the way it is around here. They sell out almost before they sit on the shelves, and when you do find them, you are limited to 1 box per purchase.

Endless supply of 9mm and .40's, but the spot on the shelf for .45's are usually empty.

On a somewhat related note:

Cook county (Chicago) Board president is pushing for a nickel tax on EVERY bullet sold. Ouch.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...county-budget/

Old 10-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Most ammo I know of is good .. I think well of CCI Blazer so on and on there are countless brands..

One Ive heard to stay away from is Tula.. Dosent always work.

For mil surplus for rifles I use like the M1A stay away from anything from Pakistan made ammo. On the forum 'M-14 Firing Line' they have a ammo section always updated with the most recent prices and ones to stay away from

http://www.m-14forum.com/upload/index.php

One point about ammo although most work the differences can be corrosive and non corrosive use of primers..

Some ammos like surplus Russian, China will use corrosive primers which will work fine but after you use them at the range you really need to clean your rifle or pistol right away.
Now some rifle bores can be chromed lined so there not as readily rusted but I would still clean after corrosive ammo use.

I got for my birthday last month a Hornady Lock N Load progressive press and have used to re-load about 250 9mm luger rounds ... Checked them at the range yesterday with much sucess, but I'm going to up the powder. They were ejecting toward me as well so they need a bit more powder...