The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-02-2024, 09:24 PM

Default 75 GP belt line moldings

Anyone know of anyone who makes reproductions of the factory type with the rubber outside lip? How difficult are these to replace? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-08-2024, 12:46 PM

Good info. I need to do some replacement on the window trims on my car. Hope single pieces are available. Lost one of my corner pieces in the back window trim.

Old 03-17-2024, 01:07 PM

Not sure which specific pieces you’re looking for. The trim around the quarter glass has a small stainless steel piece that holds the trim together. The trim was stainless steel in 73 and went to plated plastic for 74-77. I can’t remember off hand but I think someone reproduces the small stainless piece or there are plenty of OEM parts. Check Ames. I also believe the back glass trim was the same on all GM midsize cars from the LeMans and Cutlass to the GP and Monte Carlo. I used to work for an auto glass shop and seem to remember they all shared the same back glass and windshield. I seem to remember there were different windshields for 2 door and 4 door cars but not sure on the back glass.