THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Well it tried to kill me

Last Wednesday I started getting sick and by Friday I was miserable, still miserable on Sunday so I went to the hospital and they gave me a flu test which came back negative. The doctor said I had the flu for sure but there was nothing she could do. I went home and curled and I was miserable all weekend and this week. Finally on Thursday I was getting even sicker so I went back and said look you gotta do something. Another flu test this time positive and a chest x Ray. When they came back they said the flu pneumonia and bronchitis they told me they cold admit me or give me two shots in the ass and about 6 prescriptions. I took the shots and went home. Thursday afternoon and night I was the sickest I had ever been in my life. I mean I made my peace with god cause I thought surely I wasn’t gonna wake up. Woke up the next morning and felt a little better but still sick. I took all my meds and went back to sleep. Woke up a 1 and was fine. I mean other than a slight cough nothing. No fever no nothing. I am still taking my meds like I’m supposed to so it doesn’t come back . I would love to know what was in those shots

Old 02-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Senior Chief

Bourbon

Old 02-08-2020, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

how old are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guy at work sick for a week with the flu. Hit him hard. Glad to see you coming back from it.

TOM
Old 02-08-2020, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I took the flu shot and still got it. I was down for almost two weeks over Christmas and coughed for over a month. Doc said my case was milder because of the shot. If my case was mild I darn sure don't want the bad flu!

Old 02-08-2020, 11:47 PM

It might have been a penicillin shot or peanut butter shot like we got in basic training-ouch.
https://youtu.be/RmKPyM9XttI

Old 02-09-2020, 04:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am 40

Old 02-09-2020, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sack up bro, you'll be fine

Old 02-09-2020, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

...never had a flu shot.

Flu went around the grandkids through Dec-Jan in a serial manner. Wife only got a persistent nighttime cough after all that.

I got nuthin, well maybe my appetite demanded iceberg lettuce. I think the types of beer ive been drinking built up immunity.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I am 40
wow good thing you weren't 60 it probably would've got you. glad your ok.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
It might have been a penicillin shot or peanut butter shot like we got in basic training-ouch.
https://youtu.be/RmKPyM9XttI
Yeah I got one of those at the 30th AG reception battalion at the Infantry school at Ft. Benning

Old 02-09-2020, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I am 40
You are awfully young to have had that hard a time with flu type A or B. Once it morphs into pneumonia, it can be life ending when your my age. I have had pneumonia over half a dozen times and it gets worse each episode. I have been prescribed so many antibiotics, they don't work anymore. My doctor who has a pretty dry sense of humor said point blank, if I wasn't killed in some kind of stupid accident, pneumonia would eventually get me. Lots of vitamins and hand washing around here in flu season.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Talking

Read in this morning's paper there have been 64 deaths from Flu in CA this year.

I didn't want to get a flu shot (never have before) but after my heart stent deal in April, my doc rode my ass like a pony, so I caved.

My doc at the VA is a retired navy medical corps officer, so we get along well. His exact words:

"I don't give a sh!t if you 'never got a flu shot before,' you're going to get one NOW!"

Guess who got their first flu shot?

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 02-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, glad your still on the right side of the snow. Never had one and never will.
Cheers

Old 02-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

As I am now 60+ I am considering getting the flu shot. I have never had one yet. I do get ill with self diagnosed common colds, but nothing like what is described as flu symptoms. When flu shots became the thing to do, some people at work would get it, then a couple of days later would be off work sick for a week with flu like symptoms. (More than likely because the flu vaccination is a mild strain of the virus(es) developed to create antibodies)

66 Chevy II 461 Pontiac in AZ
Old 02-09-2020, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooski View Post
As I am now 60+ I am considering getting the flu shot. I have never had one yet. I do get ill with self diagnosed common colds, but nothing like what is described as flu symptoms. When flu shots became the thing to do, some people at work would get it, then a couple of days later would be off work sick for a week with flu like symptoms. (More than likely because the flu vaccination is a mild strain of the virus(es) developed to create antibodies)
The health care "experts" claim there is NO ACTIVE virus in a flu shot. I certainly don't know for sure. I have been getting the shot every year for about 10 years because of the ease with which it can morph into pneumonia . The only side effect I have had is a really sore arm at the shot site for a day or two. Nothing serious.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The flue is no joke! It kills thousands every year (and sometimes much worse like 1919). I've had it a few times and it put me down for a week plus each time. Got the shot this year.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You know a year and a half ago I got the worst chills I have ever had and then I was soaking wet with the sweats. after a day my wife took me to the emergency room we told them I thought I hade the flu. They checked me no flu did a blood test and said I had urinary infection and gave me a prescription and sent me home.

The next day they called and said they missed that I had a blood infection which I didn't really understand and then they got my wife one the phone and said I had sepsis and we immediately went back to the hospital. They immediately admitted me and there were 5 doctors in my room. When a doctor tells you to get in contact with family members its a wake up call.

Long story short you can't fool around when your body tells something is wrong do something about it.

Greg

Old 02-10-2020, 06:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm a diabetic and a 3 time cancer survivor (2006, 2015 and 2017). Both are reasons why my doctors want me getting the flu shot.

I'm still alive after about 15 years of getting flu shots.

Is there a correlation?

Old 02-10-2020, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
. I think the types of beer ive been drinking built up immunity.
Careful with that Mexican beer. Heard there is a Coronavirus going around...

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUHC-Z8xhtg