The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Send a message via MSN to

Where can I get PPG Softray date coded door glass for a 1968 gto? Mine came with the PPG glass originally. I have replacement glass in it right now with no markings.....does anyone know if I can have this glass etched?
Thanks.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Where can I get PPG Softray date coded door glass for a 1968 gto? Mine came with the PPG glass originally. I have replacement glass in it right now with no markings.....does anyone know if I can have this glass etched?
Thanks.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had good luck with Auto City Classic Glass in Isanti, MN - you could give them a call.

http://www.autocityclassic.com/

Old 05-02-2005, 06:19 AM
"Guy
Senior Chief

Thanks Suart!
I bought the replacement glass from them...to have in the car for the time being. But the problem with them is they cannot mark their glass with the PPG logo so no correct marked glass for now. Any other place I can find it in MLPS area?

Old 05-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know of any local places besides Auto City, sorry. Their website says they can date code the glass (and I remember that was an option when I bought my windshield from them) but the problem is they can't do the PPG logo?