Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Suspended

Default Ideas on aftermarket seat FOR 67 GTO

Just want to change my drivers side bucket out for a real nice looking aftermarket or ???? seat with shoulder style belts. Anybody have some ideas???

Old 06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought 2002 Trans AM leather power seats for my 68 Firebird. I love the seats......I think it is one of the nicest Ive ever sat in...love the side support. It wasn't a direct bolt in but pretty close.....I had to cut and weld the rear bolt flanges Don't know for sure about the fit into your 67 GTO....but imagine it wouldn't be that bad. Seats came with heat and lumbar...if you want to spend the effort to hook em up. They don't look to out of place in the interior.....in my opinion. The 1998-2002 Camaro are similar but have an integrated headrest look....if that is more your style.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Suspended

I'd check into the Procar seats as they have serveal different kinds both in leater & vinyle. All colors to. I'm going to be putting a set into my 73 GTO that look so good that they look like they came in the car.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Take a look at the 2003-2006 GTO seats.....they have a "GTO" embroidered into them and they look pretty sweet in my opinion. I see these for sale from time to time on craigslist / eBay might be a nice GTO look in your 67.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

IMHO, the 98-02 Camaro seats are rubbish compared to the 98-02 Firebird seats. Night and day difference.

The 04-06 GTO seats are great and would be excellent in your car. Dave Anderson put a set in is GTO/Wagon build and was very happy with them.

The ProCar seats are nice, but no where near the quality of the OEM seats mentioned above.
Recaro or Corbeau seats are well worth checking into.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Suspended

ok, How hard are the Firebird seats to put in?? Direct replacemant?? Fit right on my metal floor brackets???

Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
ok, How hard are the Firebird seats to put in?? Direct replacemant?? Fit right on my metal floor brackets???
Nothing is ever an easy swap. Normally its the rear mount that needs work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esahlin View Post
I bought 2002 Trans AM leather power seats for my 68 Firebird. I love the seats......I think it is one of the nicest Ive ever sat in...love the side support. It wasn't a direct bolt in but pretty close.....I had to cut and weld the rear bolt flanges Don't know for sure about the fit into your 67 GTO....but imagine it wouldn't be that bad. Seats came with heat and lumbar...if you want to spend the effort to hook em up. They don't look to out of place in the interior.....in my opinion. The 1998-2002 Camaro are similar but have an integrated headrest look....if that is more your style.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Ya i know getting old and lazy, still want to change seats over. Ill do some checking!!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:04 PM

PM Dave Anderson and get his thoughts as he installed some in his wagon. Might not be exactly the same, but should be close enough for government work.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a set of beautiful 2005 GTO buckets, full rear seat and center console that I listed just yesterday in the parts for sale section. PM me if you have interest. These have seen only 3,000 miles since new.

Tim john---

Old 06-25-2013, 10:00 PM

I have some Procar's in my GTO. I like them. Ive got lots of compliments on them. But I am going to sell them and the seat tracks and have my stock seats recovered. I just want stock seats back in mine since Ive never had them.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I will tell you my expierence and research done on this topic.

-Procar Rally's look ok from a distance. They just seem too small looking in the car once they are in. They looked way out of place on my 67' GTO imo. They are also built for little fellas. Im 6'2" 235ish, 48 coat, 36 Jeans and I wasnt even close to comfortable in them. I think maybe 6'0 195 and a 32-34 waist might fit but they sit high regardless. The clearance issue is in the ass/thigh region. I was sitting on the bolsters, not in them. Overall, I had them in my car and I hated them from the get go so I sent them back.

-05' ish GTO seats sit high from my understanding. I havent sat in them but from my research, guys that have them love them if they arent too tall. I would love to sit in a pair and im not completely opposed to getting a set to try eventually

-Camaro/Firebird seats i got nothing for you there

-In my 67' I did the bolstered Legendary stock seat so I could keep the stock look but have a little bit of support in the corners. Its a nice kit and the quality is very high. There are pics in my build thread in the 66-67 section. They are not however comprable to a modern framed bolstered seat and I wouldnt ever try to pass them as such. They sit high right away but after some time in the seat they break in a bit. Foams and covers have a lifetime warranty. I also made some 1/8" steel straps for the seat mounts so I could move them back 3". Best idea Ive had to date. I dont feel like im hugging the dash anymore.

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM

I'm considering seats with an integrated belt system for my 65 A-body coupe. Some of the seats I'm looking at are:

mercedes 500 sl
chrysler sebring conv
2005 and later saab conv
bmw conv. seats e46 2000 or newer

The BMW seats are the ones I perfer but they are on the heavy side.

I have a pair of 93-94 T/A seats (can't remember which) in my 67 FB and had to do what Nicks67GTO did with the 1/8" strap to use the original seat brackets and move them back.

Last edited by 67_Krewzer; 07-11-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: attachment
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

2006 GTO seats....minor track mods needed....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO 029.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	332502   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO 027.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	332503  

Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC AULL View Post
2006 GTO seats....minor track mods needed....
Ive heard these sit very high. Is that the case? If so is there any way to get them down without modding the floor pans?

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default eris aull

the dash looks like the wood grain matches the console[is it from the gto also] where did you get it

Old 08-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Recaros would be good. I had a set of the highbacks in my 79 Formula and loved em. Thinking of a set for the 66 GTO sometime in the future.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 PM

A friend of mine has seats from a late model GTO in his 68 and they look great.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by connman View Post
the dash looks like the wood grain matches the console[is it from the gto also] where did you get it
Wabbit's Woodwork in Texas.....very nice work...sorry I took so long to answer...been sick.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i've used Corbeaus
they are nice, but have drawbacks
if you are 6' or taller you may run into the many have, that they sit high
you can do custom brackets and shave the seat cushions as i did in my TA and they still sit high (i'm 6'1")
fixed style seats may not have that issue as they usually don't use sliders

checkout andys autosports or 425 motorsports
for brackets take a look at planted technology and wedge engineering

corbeaus brackets are nice, but for me sit to high

I had GT7's
CR1 wide suede
CR1 wide Suede -1 cushion mod
wife has the LG1 in her office, nice seat, the back is low compared to their other seats

my next try will be the A4 with a -1 cushion, they sit a little lower than the CR1
only problem is then i'll have 2 pairs of new CR1's sitting till i decide on the our next project car and i'm trying to avoid hoarding stuff

they have FIA compliant seats, but no color/size option

$$ no object and you're not ummmm pleasantly plump, big boneded, or one to many bagels/chocolate chip cookies etc.... look at Bride, but i warned you.... $$ no object, and i mean the Japan versions, i wouldn't trust the the Tiwian/Canada version myself