Old 10-22-2003, 02:05 PM

Has anyone ever come across this - my brake lights don't work if my lights are on. Also, my directionals work a lot slower when lights are on.
Brake light in spoiler however is not effected.
I replaced all the bulbs, both flashers - hazard and turn. Opened all the rear wiring and checked the grounds - they are ok - Help!

Old 10-22-2003, 02:05 PM

Has anyone ever come across this - my brake lights don't work if my lights are on. Also, my directionals work a lot slower when lights are on.
Brake light in spoiler however is not effected.
I replaced all the bulbs, both flashers - hazard and turn. Opened all the rear wiring and checked the grounds - they are ok - Help!

Old 10-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Senior Chief

Are you sure your brake lights dont work?
or is your running lights/marker lights?
They are on a different circuit.
The third brake light works correct? Im wondering if your ing switch is going, or the connection under the dash has a loose wire.
did you check for power at the rear brake lights?
you stated that you have checked the grounds, did the sockets of the lights appear dark brown, or burnt?
THat is common in F bodys, and the pig tails arent very cheap
let me know

Old 10-24-2003, 05:54 PM

Travis, the side markers work fine, the only lights that are effected is the brake lights when I turn on the lights. If I turn on the lights (parking or full headlights) the brake lights don't work. The third brake light in the spoiler works fine at all times. Also, when the lights are on, the directionals work noticeably slower, about half speed.

Old 10-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Senior Chief

When you your lights are off, do the brake lights work?

Old 10-25-2003, 05:51 AM

Yes, when the lights are off everything works normal. Brake lights work as they should, so do the directionals. The third brake light works fine with lights on or off.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:56 AM
Senior Chief

Good possibility thats its the trun signal swithc (multifunction switch)
I work on Pontaics/buick/GMC for a living
BUT i cant remember if the Fbird had the lights on the turn signal switch? or if its seperate on the dash. If I was at work i could answer the question pretty quickly, but its sat monrning
and I cant reember