Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Old 10-02-2017, 07:27 PM

Thumbs up Tucson, AZ ... ALL PONTIAC & GMC TRUCK DAY 2017... Kickoff for Pontiac Week in AZ!

All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017 is the kickoff event for PONTIAC WEEK in Arizona.

Hosted by the Arizona Chapter of the Pontiac-Oakland Club, International in central Tucson.

This event is a FREE, fun, NON-JUDGED car and truck display and membership drive. It is open to both club members and to prospective members alike to display their "road warrior" (unfinished/project cars) and/or show-quality Pontiacs/Oaklands/GMC Trucks.

ALL MODELS / ALL YEARS of Pontiacs, Oaklands & GMC Trucks -- regardless of condition or appearance, stock or modified -- are welcomed here! Come hang out with fellow enthusiasts. No judging, no classes, no attitudes... Just relax and have fun in a picturesque, shaded parking area!

In past years, we've had some amazing Pontiacs and GMCs on display... Everything from a cool classic 1937 GMC Cabover COE Semi Truck to an electric-powered 1985 Trans Am to a 2007 Solstice GXP ...plus plenty of full-size classic Pontiacs, Fieros, Grand Prixs, muscular GTOs, LeMans, Firebirds, Trans Ams and more Wide-Trackin' excitement!

Please note that this year's event will be held on a SUNDAY. Here are the details:

Event: All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2017
Time: 10am - 2pm
Hosts: Arizona Chapter #29, Pontiac-Oakland Club, Int'l (POCI)
Address: 4801 E. Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85711
Cost: FREE (no charge to display your vehicle)

We're keeping things simple this year... Pre-registration will NOT be offered this year. Simply arrive at the event site NO EARLIER than 10am to line-up for free "day of" registration.

All participants are asked to please remain parked in-position for the entire four-hour event.

IMPORTANT-- NO EARLY BIRD ARRIVALS, Please!
Participants and spectators are asked to NOT arrive prior to our 10am start time.

SPECTATORS
Spectators will be directed to the upper level of the parking deck. Please do not use the ground-level parking which is reserved for guests of the hotel.

PARKING
Look for our parking crew volunteers who are students from the nearby Rincon High School Auto Shop Club! These guys are the future of our hobby, so let 'em know you appreciate their presence!

GOODIE BAGS & DASH PLAQUES
Goodie Bags with full-color Dash Plaques will be made available for the first 75 registered participants of All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017.

FREE LUNCH!
All current and new members of the Arizona Chapter POCI will be treated to a FREE Pizza Party picnic lunch. Join the chapter now (or during the event) and enjoy a complimentary lunch on us!

THREE SPECIAL AWARDS
There are NO trophies presented at All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day, but there will be THREE VEHICLES which will be singled-out at the end of the day for special recognition:
  • The "Golden Jackstand" recognizes one vehicle (any year) in attendance with “promise and potential.” Push, pull or drag it here on a trailer... We really do wanna see what you've got!
  • The "Bill Armstrong Memorial" recognizes one modified or customized vehicle (any year) which is built to suit its owner’s personal taste and unique vision.
  • The "Ross Whitehead Memorial" recognizes one significant (pre-1964) car or truck which epitomizes enthusiasm for the Pontiac-Oakland-GMC Truck hobby.

LIMITED EDITION T-SHIRTS by PRE-ORDER ONLY!
All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017 commemorative T-shirts have a great, full-color illustration featuring a 1967 GTO (50th anniversary) and a 1937 GMC pickup (80th anniversary).

These limited-edition shirts are now available for pre-order ONLY. To order yours, download all four pages of our brochure (which includes the T-Shirt Pre-Order Form on Page 3), print it and mail with payment. It must be POSTMARKED by Saturday, October 28, 2017.

NOTE: Download a full-resolution PDF at our website: www.TucsonMotorama.com or click on the low-resolution version as seen at the very BOTTOM OF THIS POSTING...

Pre-ordered T-shirts will be available for pick-up at the event. Shirts WILL NOT be available to order or purchase at the event. Your purchase of commemorative T-shirts (prior to the event) and raffle tickets (at the event) helps support club activities such as this. Thank you in advance for your generosity!

WIN a $600 GIFT CARD from DISCOUNT TIRE!
New this year! All vehicles entered for display at All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017 will automatically be eligible to win a $600 Gift Certificate from Discount Tire! To win, you must display a Pontiac, Oakland or GMC Truck at this event and ALSO be in attendance at the Pontiac Heaven event in Phoenix on Sunday exactly one week later. Yes, you gotta be present at both events to win. View complete details at www.TucsonMotorama.com, or at www.CruisinArizona.com

RAFFLE ITEMS & DRAWINGS
Several awesome Raffle items plus a 50/50 Cash Drawing will be available for attendees of All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day. Purchase your tickets on-site and check out all the cool items you can win with our "Dutch-style" Raffle. (Simply place your raffle tickets into the jar associated with any items that you'd like to win.)

TWO CHANCES TO WIN!
A final Grand Prize item at the end of the day, drawn from all the non-winning Dutch Raffle tickets, will be a brand-new Samsung 32" HD flat screen television!

EVENT WEBSITE:
http://www.TucsonMotorama.com

Be sure to review our website for an informative "FAQ" section with all the latest, updated information including:
-Who, what, when... and where to enter
-Parts & vehicle "For Sale" policies
-Phoenix-to-Tucson caravan information
-Photos from previous events
-and much more!

FURTHER INFO:
Thom Sherwood (520) 798-3200
email: output@colorteks.com
or
Randy Rogers (520) 298-6874
email: rancai67@yahoo.com

CLUB MEMBERSHIP:

Membership in POCI or in the Arizona Chapter POCI is not a requirement to participate in this event, but we hope you'll consider joining. Come check us out!

Our chapter holds meetings on the Second Wednesday of each month in Tucson. Dues are $18/year and includes our monthly newsletter, fun activities, cruises, driving events and car shows, plus a fantastic knowledge base. Join the club at this event and we'll provide you with a free Pizza Party lunch plus we'll even tack-on two additional months to your membership (your dues will be paid through December 2018). You can't beat this deal!

POCI is the world's largest club (nearly 10,000 members strong) catering to the interests of Pontiac, Oakland, and GMC Truck enthusiasts -- all vehicles which have a historical connection to the city of Pontiac, Michigan (located in Oakland County). The club's main website is found at www.poci.org

HOTEL INFO:

Out-of-towners needing room reservations should call the Viscount Suite's reservations desk no later than October 28th and request the "All Pontiac Day" special rate:
Deluxe Suite = $99 plus tax per night
Premier Suite = $109 plus tax per night
Reservations: (520) 745-6500 or Toll Free (800) 527-9666
Email: reservations@viscountsuite.com
Online: www.viscountsuite.com

If you are planning to attend this event, let the world know! Please post a quick reply and help keep this event listing ACTIVE and CURRENT on P-Y Forums! We look forward to seeing you here!

***** PONTIAC WEEK IN ARIZONA 2017 ****

Show your Pontiac Pride at the various Pontiac-related events happening this week in Arizona!

• Sunday, Nov 5: "All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day 2017," Tucson (details above).
  • Wednesday, Nov 8: "AZ Pontiac Club Monthly Meeting," Cody's Restaurant, 2708 E. Fort Lowell Road in Tucson. Dinner at 6pm; Meeting at 7pm. Guests and prospective members are always welcomed! Info: Thom Sherwood (520) 798-3200
  • Wednesday, Nov 8: "Cactus GTO Club Monthly Meeting," Denny's Restaurant, 825 S. 48th Street at University Drive in Tempe. Dinner at 6:30pm; Meeting at 7pm. Guests and prospective members are always welcomed! Info: Bill McCoy (602) 503-1249
  • Fri-Sat-Sun, Nov 10-12: "19th Annual Pontiac Heaven Weekend," Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, Chandler (Interstate 10 at Exit #162). Celebrating the Pontiac V8 engine! Multiple events include Drag Racing, Autocross, Classic Auto Salvage Yard Tours, Parts Swap Meet and Car Shows. IMPORTANT: Participation in the main Sunday event is limited to "traditional" Pontiac V8 and flathead-era cars (typically pre-1981, and NO "corporate"-powered cars will be permitted in the car show or on the track) but ALL Pontiac enthusiasts are welcomed through the gates as spectators! Info: Steve (480) 899-7873, Check his Facebook page, or look for his posts here on P-Y Forums, or see his website for details: www.PontiacHeaven.org
  • Saturday, Nov 11: "Pontiac Night at The Pavilions," Cruise Night at Scottdale Pavilions Shopping Center, located 9175 E. Indian Bend @ 101 Loop. Free event, open to all Pontiacs. Parking begins as early as 3pm. Entire back row reserved for Pontiacs only! Club membership not required; independents welcomed. Hosted by Desert Renegades Chapter POCI, Cactus GTO Club, and others. Info: Mark Neumann (602) 653-5074.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	APD17-Page1~LR.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	464623   Click image for larger version

Name:	APD17_Page2~LR.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	464624   Click image for larger version

Name:	APD17_Page3~LR.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	464625   Click image for larger version

Name:	APD17_Page4~LR.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	464626  

Last edited by gaca2go; 10-02-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I never knew there was such a thing as an Arizona POCI.

Reading through all that, I haven't seen any mention anywhere else about the Pontiac Heaven event Nov 12th. No mention of it on here anywhere, it's not on Cruisin' Arizona or Arizona Car Show websites either, haven't heard a thing on the radio. I've talked to some people that really aren't sure if it's even going to happen. His website had no updates on it as of a couple days ago when I checked.
If it is happening, need to get the word out ASAP everywhere as it's only less than 5 weeks away. Any fliers made? I'd be happy to pass them out at all the local cruises and shows around here.

I'd love to attend the show in Tucson on the 5th, but I would most certainly be an early arrival. With a 3-4 hour drive time I almost always leave early to guarantee I won't be tardy and to miss most of the crazy traffic. That usually means I'll be early. Is there any way to handle this or are you stern on the no early arrival statement?

Old 10-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Pontiac heaven weekend has been listed here in the National Event s section for many months now. they way PY divides all the catagories now, it can be cumbersome finding some threads. Hope this help you.

I guess people in Pn at py think Kansas is 'west' cracks me up they way they divide the US and makes me wonder if they have ever left their town or look at a map?
anyway..
On POCI and Arizona, I was at the very first meeting to set up an Az chapter in 1981. So, there has been chapters for POCI in Az for 36 years.. Currently, there are 2, one based in Phoenix, the other ( original one ) based in Tucson. I belong to both of them and recommend them both as well.

Thank you for your interest and will see you there.
SB

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

With my site not current ( am seeking to new person to help me with it ),
here is a direct link to keep current on Pontiac Heaven events and related topics, pics and more-

https://www.facebook.com/PontiacHeaven

Hosting-
Old 10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I always look in the Southwest section since I'm in Arizona hence the reason I never saw Pontiac Heaven listed. This is how I did find the Tucson listing.

So yeah, I missed it, my bad, as I tend to not look at other sections because I'm not ambitious enough to travel out of the Southwest much anymore, lol. I concentrate mainly on Arizona websites, Cruisin Arizona, Arizona Car Shows, etc... Oddly, it's not even listed on WildHorse Pass' website either, that was the first place I looked.

Last edited by Formulajones; 10-04-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post

I'd love to attend the show in Tucson on the 5th, but I would most certainly be an early arrival. With a 3-4 hour drive time I almost always leave early to guarantee I won't be tardy and to miss most of the crazy traffic. That usually means I'll be early. Is there any way to handle this or are you stern on the no early arrival statement?
Haha! If you're gonna show up early, we're gonna put you to work helping us get things setup.

Seriously, though, we will GENUINELY welcome you regardless of when you do arrive, but we will most likely ask early arrivals to hang out for a bit in our staging area until our high school auto shop student volunteers are ready to help direct the Pontiacs & GMC Trucks into the designated lot.

Where in Arizona are you coming from?

Old 10-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Coming down from Prescott. I don't mind work so if you need help and you see me just standing around, put me to use.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Pontiac Heaven portion of this Pontiac week has been changed to one day. It will be Sunday , Nov 12. The location remains at Wild Horse Pass. It will be a car show and gathering. it is parts friendly so, you can bring parts with you to sell. Will have food and drink avail too. There will not be any drag racing or other activites in Nov, it will be a Pontiac powered car show only.
Anyone is welcome to attend but, all vehicles entered must be real Pontiac V8 powered. Pontiac Heaven was created to promote the use and knowledge of the Pontiac V8. The 20th annualPontiac Heaven weekend has been moved to Feb 16-18. Please tell your friends. You can also keep current on the Pontiac Heaven face book page

Hosting-
Old 10-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well shucks, count me out. My father and I both planned to drag race and show the cars.

Hope it works out for you Steve.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:00 AM

The official website for All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day has recently been fully updated to include all sorts of new and exciting information for Pontiac Week in Arizona, including:

• All Pontiac & GMC Truck Day
  • Club meetings for POCI and GTOAA chapters
  • Pontiac Night at The Pavilions (cruise night)
  • Pontiac Heaven Car Show + Autocross + Swap Meet
  • Caravan information (i.e.: Phoenix-to-Tucson, etc)
  • Host Hotel details for out-of-towners
  • $600 Discount Tire Gift Card giveaway promotion details
  • and lots more Frequently-Asked-Questions!

Please take a look at all the comprehensive information online at:
http://www.TucsonMotorama.com
(Click on the above link to get you there!)

The response to these events has been phenomenal, and we hope to see you there!

Any questions? Please contact me directly:
Thom Sherwood
Email: output@colorteks.com
(520) 798-3200

Planning on coming? Post a quick reply to keep this posting active!

Last edited by gaca2go; 10-27-2017 at 03:10 AM. Reason: clarification