SOLD Parts The parts in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for reference.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Boost Engineer

Default WEIAND 440 MOPAR 6 PACK TUNNEL RAM

This seller wants over $1600 for a used intake.
https://www.ebay.com/i/362425932610?...oaAsPxEALw_wcB

My intake is NEW with the Direct Connection mods made to the plenum area for proper fuel/air distribution to the engine cylinders.

I will sell the intake, BY ITSELF for $1500.

I DO have NEW proper MOPAR Mechanical Secondary carbs designed for this intake BUT THOSE ARE NOT PART OF THE DEAL.
I ALSO HAVE A USED SET OF THE VACUUM SECONDARY CARBS THAT THE PURCHASER CAN ACQUIRE IN A SEPARATE TRANSACTION.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	440 6 PACK T RAM-1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	525686   Click image for larger version

Name:	440 6 PACK T RAM-2.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	525687   Click image for larger version

Name:	440 6 PACK T RAM-3.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	525688  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:48 AM
Boost Engineer

This was the BEST 440 MOPAR "6-pack" intake offered for the engine.
Very Rare. The Carbs (for this intake would flow 1350 cfm stock (2 BBL rating) but with a larger #4412 (500 cfm carb) and a proper hood scoop base plate you could have a 1500 cfm 6 pack system. Carbs are not part of this intake only sale.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a cool intake ! Never seen one before. Must look good from the side .

Old 12-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Boost Engineer

A few more pictures:

Tom V.

I also have a Dominator top for the intake
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Weiand 6-Pack Tunnel ram-9.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	527283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weiand 6-Pack Tunnel ram-8.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	527284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weiand 6-Pack Tunnel ram-5.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	527285  

Old 12-31-2019, 10:39 AM
Boost Engineer

Some serious confusion by a PY Member who thought he could buy the intake and 3 Holley carbs for a price less than I was asking above.

THE INTAKE IS $1500 BY ITSELF. THE CARBS WOULD BE OVER $500 EACH.

Tom V.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:59 AM
Senior Chief

If you reread my reply, I highlighted the separate inquiry for more pix of the carbs and said maybe we could do a deal on those too, as in "in addition to" but "separate from" the intake. I would have been more specific in my reply but I didn't think it could be misread.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Boost Engineer

Intake is no longer for sale on the PY Board.
Carbs were never part of the sale.
I have no time for low ball offers on new parts.

Moderator, so there is no further confusion, please remove this item from the garage sale.

Tom V.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:29 PM
Senior Chief

To be clear, since that seems to be required, I discussed a dollar amount that I had discussed with 2 other people a few months ago, and you, Tom, made that into a price that you would sell the manifold only for.
I don't appreciate the suggestion that I was trying to "lowball" you. I am taken completely by surprise that you could have misunderstood my reply, and I made it clear in a follow up message, highlighting my original text that discussed the carburetors as a separate negotiation.
I don't lowball anyone, and I'm posting this publicly to make sure that your insinuation isn't going to label me.
Wow, I'm just shocked that you could misunderstand plain language, be so offended, and post publicity what could be taken as besmirching me over this.
All of the back and forth messages are in my PM box if any moderators care to review them

Old 12-31-2019, 03:20 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avman View Post
If you reread my reply, I highlighted the separate inquiry for more pix of the carbs and said maybe we could do a deal on those too, as in "in addition to" but "separate from" the intake. I would have been more specific in my reply but I didn't think it could be misread.
Never saw the inquiry for pictures of the carbs.
What I saw was a PM that said I have $900 to spend and that was all you wanted to spend.
Others would blow away PMs where their part was $600 higher in price vs the "offer" by the buyer.
I blew away your PMs. And took the intake off the market.

Tom V.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:52 PM
Boost Engineer

Basically a Tire Kicker type guy who wanted to buy a new 64 GTO for 1/2 price.
How many dealers would just smile and ignore the guy.
Maybe one or two might do the Sears method.
Ok you want to buy this couch, it costs $400 and you have $200.
You would actually like to have a couple of chairs with it too.
So Sears says You can pay for the Couch and Chairs on the "Installment Plan"
When you make all of the payments then you get the Couch and Chairs.

The Man specifically said all I have is $900 to spend. The posted price was $1500.
Would you really pay much attention to this person. No payment PMs were ever sent.
(You know, where are you located, type of payment, etc.)

So I took the part off the market. Even the Mods cannot find fault with that decision.
I sold 5 Victor EFI intakes recently, not one issue with any of the buyers.

Tom V.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

I gave you my name, zip code, and general location. I also gave you my phone number and email for better pictures, stating the forum pictures (in general) are horrible on my phone.
No immediate demand for payment was made.
No phone calls, no emails, just a totally shocking public posting about "lowballing" etc.
Lesson learned. I'm moving on.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:19 PM
Boost Engineer

Too bad, I sent you a PM with a structured plan of how you could have the intake and a set of proper carbs for your project. Read the PM anyway.
I spent time explaining all of the things I was willing to do to make this work.
I guess I wasted my time typing.

Tom Vaught

One last thought on the subject, you can have tons of e-mails and plans on doing a project and then because you are a "sucker" you give a guy a real deal on a car part. The "sucker" is you because no matter what the story was when you sold the part, say a $1500 very rare intake for a bunch less money), once the sale is made and the guy with all of the "promises" has the intake, if HE DECIDES to sell the intake on EBAY for $1500+ to another guy, that is his deal because he now owns the intake. So I rarely believe the stories about "being poor", "this is all the money I have", etc, because once you sell the intake for less than it is worth then you are the fool for buying the story.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 12-31-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:16 PM
Senior Chief

I read this post after I read the private message.
I hope that there won't be any animosity between us once you read my private message.
In it, one of the things you will see is that although I have decided that I'd rather keep my N96 Air Grabber hood that is on my car, that I bought from AMD and paid $750 to have it paint matched on top of the $700 for the hood, and the Weiand intake is not compatible with the hood, that I wrote to you that I'd rather see you sell the intake for more money to someone else, than for me to buy it and know I'm not going to use it.
So your suggestion about me buying it to take advantage of the great price you offered it to me for to only have me turn around and sell it for a profit is a complete mischaracterization of who I am, as I would not and never have done anything like that.
I still can't believe that this got so sideways, and that something that I thought was simple and no way to be misunderstood got crazy.
Anyway, I hope that everything is OK now, and I can participate in this forum like this never happened.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:04 PM
Boost Engineer

All is good, stick with what you have as it is a great combination.

Tom Vaught

Old 12-31-2019, 10:30 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Tom.
Sincere apologies for any misunderstandings!

Old 01-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Senior Chief

So what was an increasingly difficult misunderstanding to work through, but reached a point of resolution because of calm, thoughtful dialogue, has happily resulted in Tom and I making a deal.
The backstory of this modded intake is pretty cool. It seems like it was modded by Chrysler Performance and for all we know may have been the exact intake the tech performance bulletin and diagrams were based upon. Regardless, I will be able to scratch the itch to try it, as long as it fits under my hood.

Old 01-10-2020, 01:47 PM
Boost Engineer

All boxed up and in the truck, awaiting payment, and when the check clears and the shipping label arrives, it is off to the Fed-X Store for shipping.
Tom V.

Thanks PY for this forum.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:40 AM
Senior Chief

Yep.
Thanks PY for this forum.
Who would have imagined that my participation on a Pontiac forum would net me a legendary Mopar intake? Lol.
Maybe it's good karma for me working so hard, and getting so much help here, to find some of the best parts, systems, ideas, and applications to make my wife's GTO reach or exceed the 12.8s in the 1320.
I know since my dad ran a 12.8 in 1965 with a "stock" 389 Tripower, we certainly should be able to best that in our 65 421 Tripower, hydraulic roller cam, tweaked mill. I don't have to worry about blowing up the 8.2 rear axle, been there, did that. I'm not worried, at all, about the 9" based Quick Performance rear axle that's in it now, and the 3.80 gears, and the UMI control arms, and the Global West weld in coilover conversion brackets, and the TKO600 5 speed...
LOL! If I was my dad, I'd throw all of those add ons and expensive stuff in my wife's face when she finally beats his old 1st place winning time...
Anyway thanks PY forum and Tom Vaught!

Old 01-30-2020, 10:59 PM
Senior Chief

A final note on the Mopar "Weiand intake saga"...
Tom V came through for me. He worked with me and got a beautiful Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake to me. The one I ultimately chose only has had the intake runners radiused and gently blended into the plenum floor, in a manner that I envisioned when I read the directions in the Chrysler Performance bulletin.
My job now is to check hood clearance, which I have been assured will be ok, and the N96 Air Grabber setup is said to work with it as well, although the airbox will have to be "trimmed".
So, once again, thank you Tom, it's been a pleasure working with you on this deal and talking "car stuff" with you on the phone.
On the Pontiac front, Mr. Dick Boneske sent me some pix of the plating on the Tripower carbs, and now he is modding them to match the performance build level of our 421.
Thanks too to those responsible for this forum, which has enhanced the pleasure of ownership and performance of our classic muscle cars.
Here's the intake I got from Tom. One of the nicest ones I've seen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200130_155852.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	530618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200130_160341.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	530619   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200130_160447.jpg
Views:	132