Old 02-14-2020, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dan Whitmore took a lot of pride in the Glory Days GTO and sponsored it by building engines for the car. He used Howards aluminum rods in that car's engine more than once.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dan was a Howards guy in aluminum. But he was CROWER through and through to the end. Its the reason I like the company so much and Dan is the reason I have never hurt a Pontiac engine in any way.(did have a timing chain break in a old beater though) I miss the guy a lot. 2-3 hour phone conversations shooting the $h!t about Pontiacs, guns, hunting and life from his home. He sure loved his daughter a lot, very proud of her. Sent her to collage in Los Angeles, UCLA if not mistaken.
One thing about Crower. They make a SS shaft rockers for E heads and High Ports. Dan said they are the nicest you had ever seen. But I have not ever seen them myself on a build. Lots of T&Ds, Dan did use them too. seen lots of Jessle's but I have not seen their SS shaft rockers. Kind of expensive, 1700+$ but the others are not cheap either.
The engine I am doing right now is his last engine and want to do it right to honor him. If the computer sims are accurate it will be eye opening for what it is. Can't wait!

Old 02-14-2020, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
If the computer sims are accurate it will be eye opening for what it is. Can't wait!
850hp?