THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 07:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Coronavirus

I have not contracted it and I know no one, personally, that has. Have any of you, or anyone you know personally contracted this virus? What are your thoughts? How worried are you about this virus?

Old 03-12-2020, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe. Was just chatting with my boss. Our sales team and he (service manager) did a trade show in Atlanta a couple weeks ago. One of our sales staff has most symptoms, went to doctor, was questioned about having traveled internationally. Doc chose not to use a test kit, I guess they're in short supply. Said no but didn't tell doc about being at a huge convention hall recently and shaking who knows how many hands.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:27 PM
Suspended

Dont know anyone personally but there is a confirmed case 25 mins from me. They have shut down all local schools for 2 weeks starting monday... apparently, it will all be over in 2 weeks..lol

Old 03-12-2020, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just shut down our schools for 2 weeks. Plus DOT centers here in Montgomery County Pa.

TOM
Old 03-13-2020, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
They have shut down all local schools for 2 weeks starting monday... apparently, it will all be over in 2 weeks..lol
Yeah - this part cracks me up.

Also - if my kids’ schools shut down, they’d spend the whole time running around with their friends.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:44 PM

Saw this on another forum and thought I would share here. My hat is on!

TIN FOIL HAT "ON" ....

Coronavirus is the common cold.

The globalist elites have duped us all, yet again.

Through their MSM and puppet leaders, they will make this fake pandemic, a real one.

Of course, real except for the death rates, deaths will just be typical of the common cold which it is. But our retirement funds and stocks, and who knows what other material assets, will be eaten in the process.

The 0.1% elites, want the 99.9% to have as little $ as possible. What better than a fake virus pandemic to crash the world economy. Too easy

TIN FOIL HAT "OFF" ....

This coronavirus is very serious. I'm afraid.

I'm going out to buy 500 rolls of toilet paper and hand wash, to try save me from catching coronavirus.

My 401k and stocks have turned to dog **** but if i get through this pandemic, i beat death. So i will thank god for that i'm still alive. Life is more important than money, right.

Regardless of TIN FOIL ON or OFF..............

Our 0.1% mega rich overlords......

Old 03-12-2020, 08:45 PM
Senior Chief

Don't know anybody. Was planning on a train trip next week to visit my parents in PA. My parents called last night and they are VERY concerned about this, especially that my immune system isn't great. We are cancelling our trip. I'm not really worried, but my parents are, so we'll do it again later.

'69 Firebird 400 - Goldenrod Yellow, 455 +.060, '6s-7' heads, Comp Cam 276AH-10 (51-309-4), TH400, Ford 9-inch w/3.08, 800cfm Q-jet, Stock Intake, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters
'68 Coronet 500 Convertible - Medium Gold Metallic, stock 318 +100,000 miles
Old 03-12-2020, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I live in Wake County NC. There have been eight people tested positive for coronavirus. I think five of those work at the loca Biogen facility, and picked it up at a conference in Mass. Two more were related to a lawyer, not sure where he picked it up.

My company has cut travel between the three plants in the Raleigh area, and is not approving any travel to suppliers or customers. My boss has a young baby at home, has been working from home for the last week. I'm still going in, being very cautious, but I think I'm going to start working from home next week.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I travel every week- we had a convention in Maui next week we probably had 100k invested in. Company said everyone is staying home. Willing to lose $$ on the trade show. No domestic travel for at least three weeks. No international travel for a min of 90 days.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ohio seems to be pretty aggressive in closing schools and other places where lots of people gather. I think the state has 4 confirmed cases but the Mayor of Dayton says she has information that within the city limits there are probably 1500 carriers. No idea how they come up with a number like that? I am high risk because Old, and multiple time pneumonia survivor. Also don't respond to antibiotics anymore because over-prescribed when younger. My school has suspended in-person classes for the year. I wash my hands and stay away from crowds for now.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:44 PM

I don't know anyone that has CV but the regular Flu season is in full effect here in St. Louis Metro Area.
I spent the last 2 weeks .......at Spring Training for 5 days in Jupiter, FL followed by a 7 day cruise to Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Bon Aire, and Caracau).
Everywhere I went I saw a few people wearing surgical masks.

Went to Wal-Mart today and everyone was stocking up for hunkering down at home.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 461 Bird View Post
It's only a matter of time until this thread ends up in the clubhouse for obvious reasons. No I am not worried about the virus. I am worried about the mass hysteria the media is causing.
Maybe, maybe not. No infighting about who’s fault it is or will be or who’s responsible for the fix.

Just concerns we are having for one another here and everywhere! Would be great if this train stays on the decent tracks and doesn’t land in the dog house!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-13-2020, 07:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 461 Bird View Post
I can't agree more with you. But reading between the lines the OP asked if we are worried, and the "left" media is doing everything they can to create a scare in America.
I knew someone would bring politics into this civil discussion.....

Old 03-13-2020, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Open borders, what a great concept. Oh, I forgot that would let carriers of contagious viruses/diseases enter the country too. Duh, who would have thought of that?

Old 03-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lot of comparisons being made on social media comparing this to the flu. There is a documentary on Netflix now, kind of dry, but good, Pandemic. Pandemics are quite different from seasonal. Hospitals in Italy are maxed out for example. It is like a big wave vs little ones over time, it seems. Also, best good data on Corona infection vs fatalities is from Italy and S Korea. They have tested a lot, unlike here. Death rate on over 60 to over 80 apparently is higher (much) than seasonal flu. The biggest risk is infecting older people around you.
I encourage everyone to read, read be informed. Don't get info from fools like me on social media.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:32 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Insider trader STOCK TIP for you investors. Buy as many shares as you can in Calamine Lotion. People who run out of toilet paper and cannot get any will be running out into the woods to grab assorted leaves.

Yep, they won't know which are which and you can bet more than a few will be grabbing poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. Well, I think you know what the results are gonna be. To sooth that uncomfortable situation at hand, the government and FEMA are already stocking up on calamine lotion.

"Calamine lotion is an over-the-counter (OTC) medication that's used to treat mild itchiness, also called pruritus. It can also help dry out oozing skin irritations. This soothing pink lotion can help relieve the following skin conditions: reactions to poisonous plants, such as poison oak, poison ivy, and poison sumac."

Get in now at the super low stock options and watch your money grow as America, and I suppose the world, learns what the best leaves are to grab when wiping your butt. They should have been watching Euell Gibbons back in the 70's, or at least the re-runs on TV, and they would've picked the right leaves to wipe with, and know which ones to snack on.

The Following User Says Thank You to PontiacJim1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was supposed to fly to Missouri for a 2 week training course this weekend but got a call this morning that all classes have been cancelled.

As much as I am disappointed, I don't want to get stuck in a hotel far from home if flights back to Canada are suspended. I also thought that two weeks of staying at a hotel, passing through airports, and eating in restaurants is also a lot more exposure to strangers compared to being at home.

I have a vacation to Mexico booked for the week after Easter and suspect the smart thing to do will be to cancel and book later. I enjoy going to the Caribbean but do not want to be sick or quarantined in a foreign country with inadequate health care.

I think the risk of being stuck in quarantine for getting into contact with a sick person or flights being cancelled is higher than actually getting sick.

Nothing else to do but wait it out.

Edit: News just confirmed our Prime Minister's wife has the virus after attending a function in Britain several days ago.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...

Last edited by mrennie; 03-12-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not concerned a bit, business as usual. I did go to the beer store and get a 30 pack of keystone light... i mean that's always smooth. Alcohol kills viruses.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not worried, does no good. But definitely concerned.

Family taking precautions as best we can.

Thought I had retired from gardening, but going to do a garden again this year, so I can have fresh vegetables of which I know the source, and who touched them.

Have been wearing latex gloves when working to keep my hands clean; will now be wearing them when shopping.

Hopefully, in a couple of years, there will be a vaccine to take when we take the annual flu vaccine. In the meantime, precautions are in order.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The only cases close to this part of Indiana are in Louisville. Went with my wife to COSTCO to pick up individually wrapped breakfast items for the hospitality ministry. The place looked like looters had descended! No peanut butter, milk, chicken, fish, toilet paper, paper towels, eggs, coffee(?), bread, most canned meat, spaghetti sauce(?) and probably a hundred items I didn’t notice. The fear and panic was palpable. I have to wonder WHAT is next: a run on gasoline or people emptying their bank accounts?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Closed Thread