THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:35 AM

Default Project Deja Vu

Hey everyone,
Figured I would come out and introduce our current project we are building, it is a 1965 Pontiac lemans. The car is aimed at the silver state challenge in Las Vegas. With that race in mind we have our work cut out for us, the car is as aerodynamic as a garage door. The only way to get something liked his thought the wind is with a bunch of power and power we are after. I am taking a in orthodox approach to making this power in every way. We are building a all aluminum twin mculloch supercharged, dual quad throttle bodie ram air v.
Don Johnston is involved with his new heads. The car is currently sitting on a roadster shop chassis with IRS and wilwood helped us out with the brakes. ARP is helping out with all the fasteners, there are many others involved but quite honestly I'm it here to drop all the names I'm here to get you guys excited with what should introduce the world to what has become of the Pontiac aftermarket and true Pontiac enthusiast. I hope his shows you don't have to use a Chevy or a ls to have a protouring or high speed road race car. This car is aimed after the grey ghost that herb Adams helped with in the 1971 trans am season . The car will be a mix of ac cobra, early 60s road race and trans am car influence. I will elaborate more in future postings.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds interesting!

Good luck and need more pics/info when available.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Drawings are beautiful, looking forward to watching this build.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words, we will start posting more on this build within the next couple weeks. We have been receiving parts daily to build this thing into what it will be. Lots of R&D is going in to this car to say the least. As of right now the body is sitting on the chassis the car has been mini tubbed 5 inch's and the trunk floor has been modified to fit the roadster shop IRS. Our next step is to do a semi body drop (channeling) on the car .The car will feature belly pans so this is why the car is being channeled. We recently borrowed a 455 mock block and stabbed it into the car from a member on here Vance and Don Jones. The engine is just laying in the chassis with waiting to have the motor plate and lateral limiters built. Next will be the task of build a transmission tunnel and custom cowl based air intake box's. There is so much needing to be done to this car. The car is going to take roughly two solid years to get it completed. We are going to put 40 hours a week into it for the next 4 months and see where that gets us.

Last edited by Coybilt; 10-09-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like you have a ton of time in already! Love the frame and suspension set up.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

you have my interest up! I like everything about what you are doing. pro level approach as an ex working engineer it looks like an engineering approach. Engine sounds like an article in itself.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great project!

It looks like you already have a few Pontiacs in the barn.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:27 AM

Most of those cars are customer cars. This is our project that is sema bound and a huge priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Great project!

It looks like you already have a few Pontiacs in the barn.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks good.

Good luck.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You must be a '65 fan your convertible a few years ago was awesome. Can't wait to see this one done!

Old 10-12-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brut4s View Post
You must be a '65 fan your convertible a few years ago was awesome. Can't wait to see this one done!
Yeah I guess you could say I'm a 65 fan ,I also really like 64 as well.
Thanks for the kinds words on the vert

Old 10-13-2015, 07:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like a cool project! Very happy to see a build of this level with real Pontiac power. That'll definitely turn some heads blasting down the open road!

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw