73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 12-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
Not a NASCAR but a very interesting look......
Nice looking concept!

Old 12-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Any other views or image links for this one?

Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Honorable mentions

Old 12-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Old 12-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Suspended

Old 12-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up Love It!!!!

Designers favorite ABody '73 Chevelle Laguna
Quote:
Custom rendering of one of my favorite cars from the mid 70's.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Laguna Love

Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It is cool that he likes the 73-77 A-bodies, all varieties, even if the best looking one isn't his favorite.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

These concept drawings are amazing. I would like to get in touch with this artist and share some ideas I have on a rendering for my Grand Am. I am sure his work is not cheap, but the work speaks for itself. I have looked at the idea of incorporating some small fender louvers on my GA as well.

1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stobin View Post
These concept drawings are amazing. I would like to get in touch with this artist and share some ideas I have on a rendering for my Grand Am. I am sure his work is not cheap, but the work speaks for itself. I have looked at the idea of incorporating some small fender louvers on my GA as well.
Roger that! I was going to ping your Build Thread w these images in case you'd missed them. Good to see you found this.

You will note that Don V. the artist is located in SoCal - your general area yes? Would be great to see his images of your car - if you contract him...on your build thread.

Your GA came to mind the 1st time I saw this Don Vierstra Creation

Old 12-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Love your G/A!! I first stumbled across it on a website my son turned me on to whose name escapes me now (not my son's name, the website's, lol). I think it is badazz, and like you and Alvin, thought specifically of your car.
To be honest, I hate seeing the Pontiac power go, but completely understand. The LS motor suits the comtemporary build of your car, and no matter what it is powered by, will still be unmistakable as a Pontiac. My son is into the late night street scene, and hangs out with a lot of the fastest local cars owner's (yes, believe it or not, there is street racing in central Indiana!). I have to admit, to see a massaged G/A runnin' with the big dogs would warm my heart!! <Disclaimer: I am not advocating street racing, besides, what can I do about it?>

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Alvin; Yeah the artist is located in Buena Park which is about only 30 minutes from where I live. I think I will need to contact him. Pontiacdaver; The LS power was a hard decision but like you said it does fit into the build. As for running with the big dogs....I plan to autocross the car at various local events, and at some Goodguys shows. I also will be road racing the GA at Willow Springs. This will all be for fun. I dont have the unlimited budget some of these guys seem to have. I am looking to get the GA into the mid 11's with traction. No roll bar, and not going to put one in. It's a street car.

1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Cool

Quote:
Alvin; Yeah the artist is located in Buena Park which is about only 30 minutes from where I live. I think I will need to contact him. Pontiacdaver; The LS power was a hard decision but like you said it does fit into the build. As for running with the big dogs....I plan to autocross the car at various local events, and at some Goodguys shows. I also will be road racing the GA at Willow Springs. This will all be for fun. I dont have the unlimited budget some of these guys seem to have. I am looking to get the GA into the mid 11's with traction. No roll bar, and not going to put one in. It's a street car.
Wondering what the threshold is for non-roll ball to still run @ Willow Springs? Class, Speed and or Time limited like the 10 sec Drags perhaps?

Sounds like boat loads of fun planned ahead using your GA "every Which Way But Loose".