Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You would think if you built a car to run 7's that you would at least make the effort to get it to the track. Unfortunetly I haven't been able to spend much time with the car but I have made a few updates that will help me get their a little sooner.

I started out with the qa-1's up front and the strange coil overs out back. Big mistake as it road like a hay wagon and wouldn't transfer weight. Its no fun spinning on the street of the track. New springs and shocks up front made a huge difference on how the car hooked up. Ive also switched to the ET drags that are DOT rated, they didn't last long but they were sure better on the street than on the DR's.

Ive been running the car on e85 since Ive installed the cable drive and mechanical pump. After having a few days to work on it Ive had the car apart and everything looks great. The only time it left me stranded was when I ran out gas.

I pulled the headers off and pulled the wrap off and couldn't find any cracks. The bearings looked great and the only issue I found was how pig rich Ive been running it on the street. The engine is back together and Im waiting for the next free weekend to get to the track.

The cv-1's have been great, lash stays put with the standard roller rockers and plenty of 7000rpm blasts down the highway. I'll try to get a video posted up in a couple weeks since I'm not living in the same place the car is right now.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds good!

Appears to be a great street setup.
Good luck at the track with it.

Thanks for the update.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

good luck jeff!
seems like i read somewhere youve put several thousand street miles on that setup... or am i wrong?
jim

Old 06-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Jeff!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 06-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
good luck jeff!
seems like i read somewhere youve put several thousand street miles on that setup... or am i wrong?
jim
That's correct, now that we've moved I'm much closer to three drag strips. No excuses now...