Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
It took me a long time to track him down but it really was worth it- I think that his build is one of the most interesting ones I have ever seen and I have seen a lot. He earned this one fair and square!
Thank you Don. That means a lot to me coming from you....

I was a pleasure getting to know you...

Hopefully in the next couple of years ill have a nice paint job on it and another 200 hp to the wheels.

I think this new turbo I figured out will do the job perfectly ....

Old 05-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wound up getting a precision Gen2 6870 . Should spool way sooner and still make a load more power.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Boost Engineer

Product Description

HP Rating: 1,100

Featuring the latest and greatest in compressor and turbine wheel technology from Precision, the PT6870 GEN2 CEAŽ offers a unique combination of Competition Engineered Aerodynamics (CEAŽ) with both hot and cold sides! Offering substantially more horsepower over similarly sized turbos, the PT6870 GEN2 CEAŽ is the perfect choice for those wanting to make more power without changing their current system.

Ball Bearing ONLY

PTE's PT6870 Turbocharger features the following:

Exclusive GEN2 CEAŽ (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging
Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance
68mm inducer compressor wheel
Compressor cover options:
"Ported S" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/2.5" outlet
“H” compressor cover 4.0” inlet/3.0” outlet
Exclusive CEAŽ (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) 70mm turbine wheel
T4 (divided) 1.00
Comes standard with an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)

Precision customers have a history of setting records and getting noticed. They don't sit in the stands watching the action – they're the ones making it happen. Innovation is a collaborative process and we focus our efforts on you. Get involved and be a part of the action today with PTE.

Should be a really good one and fit on your plumbing with no massive mods.

Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing deal will allow the Turbo to boost at very high pressure ratios without hurting things.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Product Description

HP Rating: 1,100

Featuring the latest and greatest in compressor and turbine wheel technology from Precision, the PT6870 GEN2 CEAŽ offers a unique combination of Competition Engineered Aerodynamics (CEAŽ) with both hot and cold sides! Offering substantially more horsepower over similarly sized turbos, the PT6870 GEN2 CEAŽ is the perfect choice for those wanting to make more power without changing their current system.

Ball Bearing ONLY

PTE's PT6870 Turbocharger features the following:

Exclusive GEN2 CEAŽ (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging
Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance
68mm inducer compressor wheel
Compressor cover options:
"Ported S" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/2.5" outlet
“H” compressor cover 4.0” inlet/3.0” outlet
Exclusive CEAŽ (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) 70mm turbine wheel
T4 (divided) 1.00
Comes standard with an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)

Precision customers have a history of setting records and getting noticed. They don't sit in the stands watching the action – they're the ones making it happen. Innovation is a collaborative process and we focus our efforts on you. Get involved and be a part of the action today with PTE.

Should be a really good one and fit on your plumbing with no massive mods.

Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing deal will allow the Turbo to boost at very high pressure ratios without hurting things.

Tom V.
I will have it by this Friday. Cant wait to get it on and start testing. The Guy Victor at Precision is really cool and said if it turns out that after testing back pressure I need to go bigger with the A/R that I could send the .81 back and he will send me a remanufactured .96 for just the sipping cost... I might even advance my cam to drop the power curve down to even get a better spool..

This turbo is making over 1000hp @ the wheels on all the manual Supra's .

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...highlight=6870

Check this out.......

Last edited by charlie66; 05-03-2016 at 08:48 PM.