Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Boost Engineer

Thanks for the re-post of the article and the link to get there.

The HSD intake saw a MINIMUM improvement above the Factory RA-IV intake of 3% when we did the testing. The higher HP improvements were in the range of 5%.

I did the math on the 18 hp Edelbrock Intake improvement vs the Factory RA-IV intake (assuming a 370 HP number and it calculated out to a 5% improvement. Basically the same ballpark number as the Torquer 1 Intake. So I believe the article and the data is spot on with the info.

Thanks Bruce.

ps The Holley has equal throttle bores. The Q-Jet does not (as all know). Of course the Holley carb would work fine as the gas speed thru the barrels is less than the QJet Primaries and the air/fuel can make the turn without hitting the plenum floor. If it hits the floor, the fuel drops out of suspension.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ran an 800 Holley spreadbore double pumper on a T1 down to the mid 9's on a 400, it liked a 2" open spacer and the plenum roof entrances to the ports blended with a big radius,ran nicely up to 7000 rpm. Switching to an 850 square double pumper gave me nothing extra.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Im finally getting things almost done now. Heres a picture with the blended spacer on . Not perfect but good enough for me.. There are a couple of pin holes i got lazy with and didnt fix. So for all you critics fire away lol..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180620_105720.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	485897