Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:05 PM
Boost Engineer

One other point Stan.
You are used to seeing Superflow Data, most likely, read with a Turbine Meter.

Turbine Meters just measure the engine air based on a calibration from Superflow for where the Dyno is installed and then they have 'Correction Sheets' that are supposed to give you a rough airflow number. It is assumed that the Pressure in the cell is based off of a Sea Level Test Pressure of 29.92 Hg or 101.325 kPa and 59 degrees F temperature.
So these correction sheets are supposed to get you in the ball park after the math is done.

The Research Cells are calibrated based on "agreed upon" Scientific Numbers based on CODATA Research.

That number for pressure has changed basically from the old 1980s 101.325 kPa number to the 100 kPa number used in the last few years. Same deal for the Temperature number.

Many years ago it was agreed to that a "pound" would be some percentage of a Kilogram. They had a Master Kilogram (stored in Europe) (that all the other Kilogram measurement standards were based off of). Kind of like having a Master Holley Carb and its calibration. Do the other Dominator Carbs match the Master Dominator Carb's numbers?

So any number that you would want me to give you would not match up with your Superflow numbers because even the numbering system and what the calibration base number reported is would be different vs our Research Cells.

If you want to read more about this here is the link. April 2019 is the change over date for the latest CODATA standards.

https://www.nist.gov/si-redefinition/meet-constants

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 12-10-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
You are too low on the Totem Pole for any long post.

George has agreed to staying focused on Boost topics, why don't you try to do the same!

Tom V.
Back from grown up responsibilities...

I agree, I am low on the totem pole to EVERYBODY on EVERY forum. I don't need 20,000 posts to make me feel important. Occasionally I will ask a question, or reply to a question based on personal experience. If people don't want to listen to my response that's fine.

The real reason you won't post a long reply is because you can't win against me. You've started posts just to beat your chest, thrown in some name dropping to make it sound better. You've said some outright ignorant things to members, remember the "sexual favors" post? What would possess you to say things like that on a Pontiac board, or anywhere? The CV-1 camp decides to invest everything into a new line of Pontiac heads. They know full well it's going to be a labor of love since Pontiac is a very small fish in a big sea. You don't like them, so you jump on the Race section bash wagon, full frontal, say it to their face. But then you quit posting in the race section(again). You go rogue and tell lies through PM's. Why would you do that? Do you hate these people so much you're trying to ruin them financially? You keep talking about all this money, all these patents, all this knowledge, when is your Pontiac head coming out? Hell, when is your GTO coming out? It should be a world beater, in any type of event, with all your money and knowledge.

What you need to do is learn some humility . Swallow your pride and go to the race section and publicly apologize for spreading untruths. Maybe earn back some respect.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Suspended

1964GTOTTF! LOL!

GTO George

Old 12-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
Hell, when is your GTO coming out? It should be a world beater, in any type of event, with all your money and knowledge.

What you need to do is learn some humility . Swallow your pride and go to the race section and publicly apologize for spreading untruths. Maybe earn back some respect.
My son will own my 64 GTO at some point. He is not a Racer, he is a Pilot.
Thousands of hours of "air time". He will drive it for enjoyment, not to prove to some other person what the car can or can't do. You know chit about that deal. Now you know a bit more.

If you were your own man instead of being a suck-ass for George and the rest of your bunch, you might actually make something of yourself and have this money that you are so jealous of.

No, I am not going to post anything on the race forum, based on anything, you or lil Georgie say in a post.

Tom V.

I am crapping on George's post just like he has done to my posts 100 times. How does it feel midget?

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 12-10-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks like I made Vaught mad.

How much do I make? What do I do for a living? What's my work schedule like? How much do I have in my retirement savings? What's my age?

Remember our discussion on me stating FACTS and you opinion/speculation? You can't beat me.

You've posted before about your kids professions but how does that pertain to this thread?
A tactful, respectable response would have been this simple:
In due time, my 64 GTO will be passed down to my son to enjoy however he pleases.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:39 PM
Boost Engineer

That is some funny chit.
Keep dreaming. Why should I make a RESPECTFUL reply when you never have in the past? The last one from you is close though. Give you that.

Not trying to compete against you. Why Compete? I speak facts. I know what I have in the bank. No speculation there. I know what my kids Professions are.

This post was about Electric Superchargers. I answered Stan's post because I respect him.

I stirred the chit with a member on the board with a Private PM to him, to see how far and how high it would go. Chief was mentioned. How many "Chief" people are out there? Did I actually mention a certain individuals name? Maybe I was talking about Chief Dan George. Maybe Chief Red Cloud. Maybe Chief Sitting Bull. Same deal with CV-1, last time I heard no one owns the Alphabet or the Number system.

But it got the response I wanted, Just like Pavlov's Dog.

So now you want to be buddies and tell me how I should respond to a post and where I should post. Some funny chit there. You aren't my mother.

Have a nice evening.

Tom V.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Make no mistake Vaught I don't want to be your buddy, please state where I said that.

You still haven't replied to any of my questions.

I never asked how much you have in the bank, I don't care, you're the one who keeps throwing your wealth around. You implied I'm poor, tell the world how much money I have.
Just admit you know nothing about me.

Funny how you planned this elaborate scheme to get a reaction, that made you look like an azz. Or is that what your end result was? And your new catch phrase "Pavlov's Dog" is fooling nobody, you're backtracking to try and save face. If you really look into that theory it doesn't make sense in the context you're using it. What it's showing is that if you make up lies about a product, or assemble a random group of numbers and letters(real believable), and pm them to someone with an interest in said product, will it get back to, and anger, the products owner, who will then post it and name names, making the originator of the lie look like a douche bag? Apparently yes it will. Your whole theory of doing it is childish anyways, you're suppose to be an educated, intelligent, 60 something year old retired man, living his golden years comfortably. Instead you're acting like a 9 year old.

I'm aware of what this thread was originally about. I responded to a comment George made that I found funny. You brought me into it, just like the FREEZE plug thread, and the aluminum flywheel thread. You always throw that little jab in, just a poke, unfortunately for you----> you poked the bear.

I can play this game till thursday evening if you wish, after that my responses may be posted more sporadically.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Make no mistake Vaught I don't want to be your buddy, please state where I said that.

You still haven't replied to any of my questions.

I never asked how much you have in the bank, I don't care, you're the one who keeps throwing your wealth around. You implied I'm poor, tell the world how much money I have.
Just admit you know nothing about me.

Funny how you planned this elaborate scheme to get a reaction, that made you look like an azz. Or is that what your end result was? And your new catch phrase "Pavlov's Dog" is fooling nobody, you're backtracking to try and save face. If you really look into that theory it doesn't make sense in the context you're using it. What it's showing is that if you make up lies about a product, or assemble a random group of numbers and letters(real believable), and pm them to someone with an interest in said product, will it get back to, and anger, the products owner, who will then post it and name names, making the originator of the lie look like a douche bag? Apparently yes it will. Your whole theory of doing it is childish anyways, you're suppose to be an educated, intelligent, 60 something year old retired man, living his golden years comfortably. Instead you're acting like a 9 year old.

I'm aware of what this thread was originally about. I responded to a comment George made that I found funny. You brought me into it, just like the FREEZE plug thread, and the aluminum flywheel thread. You always throw that little jab in, just a poke, unfortunately for you----> you poked the bear.

I can play this game till thursday evening if you wish, after that my responses may be posted more sporadically.

... wow, that's hilarious but no disrespect to you as i can't think of a more deserving douche bag then Tom Vaught to have some form of government revocation of his ability to have any access to the internet period ... Vaught is a cancer and 95% of the members on this forum know that already ...

Old 12-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Boost Engineer

But you are the funny man Bill. You go off on everyone.
Dragncar, Lil Jack, Kinsler, Brian H, .................................................. ..........

I just go off on the What Boys, especially when they post Lies about my Friends.

I taught behavioral psychology in college for a couple of years to Freshmen students.
Rat Lab, Punishment, Rewards, Conditioning, the whole process.

Get a rat to do somersaults, spin around, jump up on a platform and back down 3 times.

(Just a expanded version of the Pavlov's Dog deal.) So I have more experience than you think in psychology CDROOKIE. Rats are harder to train than you guys. But they will do a lot to get a little water on a spoon.

You guys, it just takes a few internet words. Then you start making mistakes.

But this is the Boost Forum. 39 years of experience in that game too. Just because you did not understand what the really smart guys were saying in the threads I posted does not mean that they were not smart. I understand what they are doing. They are setting Standards for the World as related to Engineering.

Merry Christmas to the unfortunate people reading the normal 'What Boys responses' typically in the Race Forum (now to my Boost Information in the Boost Forum).

The scum has spread.

Tom V.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
But you are the funny man Bill. You go off on everyone.
Dragncar, Lil Jack, Kinsler, Brian H, .................................................. ..........

I just go off on the What Boys, especially when they post Lies about my Friends.

I taught behavioral psychology in college for a couple of years to Freshmen students.
Rat Lab, Punishment, Rewards, Conditioning, the whole process.

Get a rat to do somersaults, spin around, jump up on a platform and back down 3 times.

(Just a expanded version of the Pavlov's Dog deal.) So I have more experience than you think in psychology CDROOKIE. Rats are harder to train than you guys. But they will do a lot to get a little water on a spoon.

You guys, it just takes a few internet words. Then you start making mistakes.

But this is the Boost Forum. 39 years of experience in that game too. Just because you did not understand what the really smart guys were saying in the threads I posted does not mean that they were not smart. I understand what they are doing. They are setting Standards for the World as related to Engineering.

Merry Christmas to the unfortunate people reading the normal 'What Boys responses' typically in the Race Forum (now to my Boost Information in the Boost Forum).

The scum has spread.

Tom V.
... Lol you're the one that posts lies and misinformation, not me ...

... But c'mon you certainly could've made a longer post then that, I know you can do better ...

Old 12-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Boost Engineer

Right, Bill. BULLCHIT. "Mr MORON"

Tom V.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Right, Bill. BULLCHIT. "Mr MORON"

Tom V.
... LMAO !! ... Your response is too short ...

Old 12-11-2018, 11:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

“The scum has spread”
What did you do, lay down?

You STILL haven’t answered my questions.....

Old 12-11-2018, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
“The scum has spread”
What did you do, lay down?

You STILL haven’t answered my questions.....
... Damn I like this guy, I might have to hook him up with a set of my free CV-1's ...

Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Suspended

Before I retired from US Steel (2years ago, after working 44 years there) I had to work WITH a lot on engineers some of them were VERY, VERY smart and some I wouldn't let engineer a cake for me. Just because you have a degree it doent make you a GOOD engineer.
This thread like every thread get off track at times........I understand that and don't have a problem with it!

GTO George

Old 12-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Boost Engineer

Good Morning George, Hope you had a nice rest.

Tom V.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... LMAO !! ... Your response is too short ...
Don't get him going!!!

GTO George

Old 12-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Don't get him going!!!

GTO George
... Too late, Tommy boy has already been PM'ing me lol ...

Old 12-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... Too late, Tommy boy has already been PM'ing me lol ...
Yea he has done that to me a few times threatening me, accusing me of stuff, calling me names just what someone would expect from an engineer.......NOT! I’m sure he is just kidding!

GTO George

Old 12-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Boost Engineer

I will let the owners of the three companies, Roland, Butler, and the Edelbrock people
take it from here. I have some very interesting e-mail copies from Roland to Butler that tell the real story.

Bye children.

Tom V.