Old 10-02-2021, 11:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Air Conditioned Radiator Seal Kit

Any users of the Aames AC Radiator seal kit P167. I have a factory 65 AC car with all the factory flaps installed around the radiator. I was going to put the kit on my non AC car and am wondering if it will fit on this car.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It will fit, but you must have the metal pieces that support it- 4 in all. I was going to reproduce these because i thought it would be ideal for any car that needed help in staying cool at idle/off idle, but the production cost, and the inability to gauge market interest made me decide to shelf the project.

Old 10-04-2021, 11:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Andre. I will have to take a look at the A/C car. The gray one in my avatar. Had this car since new and never noticed the metal bits. Go figure! When you see all the gaps for incoming air to escape around the radiator it makes sense that some flaps would help with cooling. Even the top flap that does not need metal backing would help.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:56 PM

I'm interested in what these pieces look like as well. Could someone please post pictures of them?

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-28-2022, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC BAFFLE KIT 1B.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	595163  

Old 07-28-2022, 09:26 PM

I made a set of the brackets out of sheet metal with shears and a brake years ago. It really helped with my cooling issues at idle back in the brass and copper radiator days… I had a club member with an AC 65. I made a cardboard template of the brackets on his car, and used the templates as a pattern for mine. The hardest pieces to find are the correct fasteners to hold the seals to the top of the core support…. They were difficult to find 30 years ago.