Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-19-2001, 12:10 AM

I can relate to tripower's sense of frustration regarding the overall condition of available parts. When I first began restoring my 70, I thought it would be a breeze to get what I needed. Was I ever wrong.

I found myself looking on ebay everyday for months until the right parts were listed for auction (NOS 70 Rear Valence and original rear wing). I found myself making regular calls all over the country in an attempt to find decent, salvagable metal (non rotted cowl and convertible windshield frame).

The fact is if it weren't for people like Ron, who spend their time (sometimes on top of another job) finding and making available parts to the restorer, it would've taken a lot more time and money to restore my car. He has been instrumental in helping me get some of the parts I've needed to do the job right.

The fact is that Ron is a decent, honest guy.
Having bought several items on ebay, his description of the parts looked more than satisfactory for anyone interested in them. And if there was ever a reservation about the item, it seems like ebay makes it pretty easy to ask the seller a question or to request additional photos before beginning the bidding process, which is what any prudent buyer ought to be doing on ebay.

It seems as though tripower may have expected more from an almost 40-year-old part than what is reasonable. When an ebay seller has 139 comments about him in the last six months and 138 of them are positive (the only negative one being from tripower (pmd70), who surprisingly has more than one negative feedback about him), then it looks as though the buyer is the one who is unrealistic.

It's nice to see a forum like this to help inform Pontiac enthusiasts about the good vendors and the bad ones, and we all know there are some bad ones out there. Unfortunately, one dissatisfied person (who may be unreasonable) can tarnish a good vendor's reputation. I hope that doesn't happen here, because I believe that Pontiac restorers need people like Ron a lot more than we may admit to. Anyone thinking about restoring a car today ought to be sure their eyes are wide open, because it ain't easy doing it on your own. Thanks.

Old 11-19-2001, 12:10 AM

I can relate to tripower's sense of frustration regarding the overall condition of available parts. When I first began restoring my 70, I thought it would be a breeze to get what I needed. Was I ever wrong.

I found myself looking on ebay everyday for months until the right parts were listed for auction (NOS 70 Rear Valence and original rear wing). I found myself making regular calls all over the country in an attempt to find decent, salvagable metal (non rotted cowl and convertible windshield frame).

The fact is if it weren't for people like Ron, who spend their time (sometimes on top of another job) finding and making available parts to the restorer, it would've taken a lot more time and money to restore my car. He has been instrumental in helping me get some of the parts I've needed to do the job right.

Having bought several items on ebay, his description of the parts looked more than satisfactory for anyone interested in them. And if there was ever a reservation about the item, it seems like ebay makes it pretty easy to ask the seller a question or to request additional photos before beginning the bidding process, which is what any prudent buyer ought to be doing on ebay.

It seems as though tripower may have expected more from an almost 40-year-old part than what is reasonable. When an ebay seller has 139 comments about him in the last six months and 138 of them are positive (the only negative one being from tripower (pmd70), who surprisingly has more than one negative feedback about him), then it looks as though the buyer is the one who is unrealistic.

It's nice to see a forum like this to help inform Pontiac enthusiasts about the good vendors and the bad ones, and we all know there are some bad ones out there. Unfortunately, one dissatisfied person (who may be unreasonable) can tarnish a good vendor's reputation. I hope that doesn't happen here, because I believe that Pontiac restorers need people like Ron a lot more than we may admit to. Anyone thinking about restoring a car today ought to be sure their eyes are wide open, because it ain't easy doing it on your own. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2001, 07:54 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 4spd70conv:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DITTO!!