67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Another '69 T/A on Ebay,this time it's rusty

but with 6 days to go it's at $17,000.Do these people know something i don't?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item27b8d2adf3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!CFyeOlQBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!m!E1FywGKDoBNWJFyfEy!~~_3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	235298   Click image for larger version

Name:	!CFyer7g!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!joE1J2Lt!QyBNWJG-OKuQ~~_3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	235299   Click image for larger version

Name:	!CFye8E!Bmk~$(KGrHqN,!hUE0fJuu3WYBNWJHwcudQ~~_3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	235300  

Last edited by se428bandit; 02-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Never been restored
Never been parted
Tires are bad but are the original tires.

How does the seller know this? Is he the original owner?

Someone painted the stripes over the wing, but they forgot to do the pedestals.

Also, tires are NOT the originals, unless someone time warped into the future from 1969, bought a set of late-1970's BFG Radial TA's, then warped back.

But would probably be a great project car. Looks like it is mostly original.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Coming out of the woodwork lately.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

looks in better shape then the last one ebay. atleast this one don't have too much rust but looks like it can be restored!

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Senior Chief

What is with all the 1969 TA's for sale recently? At first, I thought this car was a nice survivor, but after looking closely at the pics, this car is a tease. Just about everything needs work. If it is completely original and numbers matching, then it might be worth buying at the right price. No stacked gages and a rust-thru hood won't help the sale.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lemansman View Post
looks in better shape then the last one ebay. atleast this one don't have too much rust but looks like it can be restored!
" Don't have much Rust "
Hood is Gone trunk lid is gone need 1/4's, floor, fender,doors, tail panel right rocker has about 12' hole, left door lower pillar is rusted thru plus all the hidden rust

Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit View Post
but with 6 days to go it's at $17,000.Do these people know something i don't?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item27b8d2adf3

I bought that car! It is a running/driving vehicle. I also bought the T/A hood that was on eBay that had a "Buy it Now" for $8K. (Didn't meet reserve so I made the deal after the fact.) I have just about every NOS piece ready to do a complete "Factory Assembly Line" restoration. Keep an eye out for this one in about a year or so.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats!

And welcome to PY.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

it would be cheaper buying one finished. Cars like that are a can of worms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	180253_1560728617844_1224150271_31222146_2535197_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	236367  

Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428RA4 View Post
it would be cheaper buying one finished........

For me, the opposite has been true. I appreciate the originality of an unmolested car as compared to a vehicle that has been "incorrectly" restored to represent a Factory vehicle. I have found that it actually cost MORE to "fix" certain aspects and features of a "finished" car. You still have to completely disassemble the restored vehicle (to make it correct) and in most cases the original characteristics are no longer there to be documented. It is hit or miss with regards to what you find under those new layers of paint! Below are a couple of links to the last two cars I restored which exhibit the type of restoration that will be performed on this particular T/A.

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/PoP/PoP.html
http://www.moparaction.com/Article/N.../NEW_GOLD.html

Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said! Well done on those cars too!! For me I like to spend my money for quality...

Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RAMAIR1 View Post
I bought that car! It is a running/driving vehicle. I also bought the T/A hood that was on eBay that had a "Buy it Now" for $8K. (Didn't meet reserve so I made the deal after the fact.) I have just about every NOS piece ready to do a complete "Factory Assembly Line" restoration. Keep an eye out for this one in about a year or so.
Dave

Congrat's on your new project. I'm sure I will be proud to say I once owned the hood that will be on your car. I have no doubt looking at your other cars you will have one of the nicest TA's in the country. You may want to start a thread with your restoration progress, lots of pics are a must.

Steve

Old 03-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Hi Steve! Thanks for chiming in here and the contribution to the project. If the other members of this forum are anything like you then this will be a great place to visit and share information!

I wanted to let everyone know that my company manufactures many products for the GM Restoration Industry. We are licensed by General Motors, Ford and Chrysler. As we move forward with this project, we will be developing items to help facilitate others who are restoring Pontiac vehicles. If there are any related items that you guys need to be reproduced, please drop me a line. If it is within our product guidelines we will do what we can to bring them to market. ECS has already worked with some of the 1971-73 Trans Am owners regarding the correct emissions labels. We also offer a complete line of Factory Exact VIN certification decals. Ninety eight percent of what we offer is manufactured (in house) by our company. Here is a link to the website.

Dave Walden
www.ecsautomotive.com

Old 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dave:
Welcome and personally I like your choice in projects!

If it runs and safe, you should drive it for a bit.
I’d put some snow tires on the back and take to the local car shows. When questions fly, I’d just look confused and say I just moved here and this is my everyday car – Why is it anything special?

Brian

Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Suspended

How about some GOOD deluxe interior door panels? That would be a good start.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Hi Steve! Thanks for chiming in here and the contribution to the project. If the other members of this forum are anything like you then this will be a great place to visit and share information!

I wanted to let everyone know that my company manufactures many products for the GM Restoration Industry. We are licensed by General Motors, Ford and Chrysler. As we move forward with this project, we will be developing items to help facilitate others who are restoring Pontiac vehicles. If there are any related items that you guys need to be reproduced, please drop me a line. If it is within our product guidelines we will do what we can to bring them to market. ECS has already worked with some of the 1971-73 Trans Am owners regarding the correct emissions labels. We also offer a complete line of Factory Exact VIN certification decals. Ninety eight percent of what we offer is manufactured (in house) by our company. Here is a link to the website.

Dave Walden
www.ecsautomotive.com
Dave
There are lots of very helpful and knowledgable members here that will be glad to help you out if you have any questions along the way. Keep us posted on your progress.

Steve

Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great work Dave!

Welcome to the board - you've got a worthy project ahead of you.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Dave,

Great to see you on here. You certainly would have been miles ahead if you would have bought mine.

The links to the 1300 pics of my car are still good. Let me know if you need those links again or just search barn find trans am on here.

Did you ever get those 69 jacking instructions done?

Richie

http://www.carbuffs.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbirdinconcord For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For those than can do and have done it right before it's a whole different world then you typical novice.

These kind of rare projects, although a tremdous amount of work just doesn't scare the hard core hobbist.

Good luck I wish you the best!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Dave Walden
www.ecsautomotive.com
I can vouch for the quality of Dave's products as he used the original emissions decal off my 72 T/A to make the most accurate emmissions decal on the planet. It's pretty much an insult to call it a reproduction as it was an identical duplication of the original piece.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=433662

I can also appreciate the search for an original, unmessed with car when it comes to looking for a restoration project. There's nothing like being the first person to unbolt a component from a car that no-one has ever screwed with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post: