Old 04-19-2020, 11:20 AM

Default 65-66 heater control. How does it function .

Hello PY,

In having a conversation on a Canadian site about the repair of the 63-66 Big car heater control, a picture was posted of a 66 non air USA control without the row of buttons. I've also included a shot of my display taken apart if anyone is curious as to what is inside. Took it apart to replace the broken string that actuates the fan display drum.

We're wondering how the non button USA control functions? Where is the fan control?

Thanks, Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xc.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	537816   Click image for larger version

Name:	h.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	537817  

Old 04-19-2020, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc34 View Post
Hello PY,

In having a conversation on a Canadian site about the repair of the 63-66 Big car heater control, a picture was posted of a 66 non air USA control without the row of buttons. I've also included a shot of my display taken apart if anyone is curious as to what is inside. Took it apart to replace the broken string that actuates the fan display drum.

We're wondering how the non button USA control functions? Where is the fan control?

Thanks, Mark
On a non-AC control those years, the fan speed control is part of the left function knob . As you rotate the knob, it cycles through various functions that include the appropriate fan speed for the function. As I remember, some of the functions are "normal" which would have a medium fan speed, "rear" which has the high fan speed, "de-ice" which has the high fan speed and diverts to the windshield and so forth.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:41 AM

Thank you. So each function controlled by the left knob has predetermined fan speeds. Interesting.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:40 PM

I was intrigued by the function so I had to check in my Shop Manual. Yes indeed, it shows exactly what mgarblik says, see attached section from the American 1966 Shop Manual (max upload size 300 KB, sorry).

However, your heater control doesn't look like the one in the Shop Manual.
Your "Blower" says "Low-Medium-High", whereas the Shop Manual's "Select" says "Normal-Rear-Deice", plus -more importantly- your heater control doesn't seem to have any vacuum lines connected!
Is your picture not showing the whole adjuster? And what are the two levers at the bottom for? Do you possibly have a cable adjuster to adjust where the air flow goes?

/Your Ontario neighbour with a 1966 Bonneville
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pages 1-3 from 02 1966 PO-Heating.pdf (277.3 KB, 142 views)
File Type: pdf Pages 4-6 from 02 1966 PO-Heating.pdf (244.1 KB, 112 views)