Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Please allow me to use an example of a friend of mine who HAS disposable income;
He's a couple years younger than me, has a great paying job, and no family.

He has had a Chev. SS-454 truck for quite some time;
He has even go so far as to have the engine built, and as I recall, has it supercharged.

He also has a Cobalt SS;
It was originally built Supercharged;
He has custom built it turbocharged - it murders many conventional V8 RWD cars, much to the displeasure of locals...

He likes the old musclecars, but I just can't see him actually spending money one one - even though I don't doubt he could afford a really nice one.

I really feel that he is a sign of what's coming...

Old 01-26-2018, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prices appear Great! (for the hobby). Counter to a few down sale prices prior, inspiring prior pessimism threads. So this is a great upswing and indicator. My buddy with a shop here in NW MT stays extremely busy building cars for people with money. Almost all are modded cars, from vintage speed stuff to high tech new. People with money want it built to their idea of cool. Modern handling, transmissions, and high tech supercharged new drivetrain are very cool in a big circle of people, evidently. He was involved with a 150K 60's Camaro tech mod car build. People buy these things........ So that world exists also. Glad to see vintage stock do well myself though.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Senior Chief

My opinion is that the more stock/original/correct musclecars (as in 70-73 Firebirds) will continue to slowly rise in price and value well into the foreseeable future.

Pro touring and totally custom modified cars are cool too, but for most of these cars their value will decline rapidly over time.

I'm in the hobby for the total enjoyment and appreciation for the cars. Not financial interest.

I say buy now if the price is fair because it sure isn't going to get any cheaper.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:26 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4birds View Post
My opinion is that the more stock/original/correct musclecars (as in 70-73 Firebirds) will continue to slowly rise in price and value well into the foreseeable future.

Pro touring and totally custom modified cars are cool too, but for most of these cars their value will decline rapidly over time.

I'm in the hobby for the total enjoyment and appreciation for the cars. Not financial interest.

I say buy now if the price is fair because it sure isn't going to get any cheaper.
Only the best of the best or the rarest and original have any chance at all to continue to rise. The rest are 5 - 10 years away from the bottom falling out. There will be way more restored cars than buyers in 10 years.